Carnival Legend Cruise Review by cruise4u2

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Dover
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: 7A
See More About: Carnival Legend Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great Cruise Great Staff

Where do I begin? We were all set to don our lifevests as a joke for the first dinner. We were so hesitant to book Carnival after all the bad press and horror stories lately. This turned out to be our favourite cruise ever.

The food was great. The service in the dining room was great. We had three servers dedicated just to us. They were fast, friendly and attended to my GF meals with no problems. The food on the buffet line was wonderful and the most choices. Sorry but salad and jello were the only things gluten free unless you asked the chef and he would make whatever you want. I would have liked to have some GF dessert choices and more dishes labelled GF. My twenty something children loved it and have no dietary restrictions.

Formal nights. This is no booze cruise to the Bahamas folks. I was led astray by CC saying we would not need a tux. There was a sea of tuxedos and wonderful dresses on both formal nights. We felt so out of place. We like to dress up. I am sure other people just went to anytime dining upstairs or the buffet.

Our cabin steward was wonderful and made up different towel art every night. We got a Russian Cossack dancer after St. Petersburg.

Room service was never late and the order was never wrong.

John, the cruise director, and his Hoda-like sidekick Calvyn were hysterical. My rock star daughter set her alarm not to miss their breakfast show and she seldom awakes before noon. The wit and banter back and forth was so entertaining.

Julian, the music director and sax/clarinet/flute etc was amazing and very handsome I must say. The shows were the best! The Carnival Legend dancers/singers/band were wonderful! Surprise! The costume changes and designs were spectacular! The booked entertainment was great too. Justin Illusion, the illusionist was over the top great. Hypnotist, Magician, Musicians, Singers, oh my - all were so fun and entertaining. No matter how tired I was I dragged myself to these shows and each time was more impressed than the last.

We have mobility issues and did not get an accessible cabin but the shower was doable. No tub to climb over! The hand held shower massage settings all worked and had a powerful flow. It was too hot on the coolest setting and they fixed it. The a/c was broken and they fixed that too. Guest service was prompt and friendly and wonderful. THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE we have ever experienced.

They had seats for people with mobility issues and held the the elevator doors and let us leave the emergency drill first. Very well organized. John made fun of the 'issues of late' and told everyone to get their for OBVIOUS reasons and this was the fasted most organized drill ever.

I have never seen a photo gallery with so much attention to pictures. There were 10 or 15 backgrounds all the time to get the best pictures and no expense was spared in the details. Cruise ship, pirate, sandy beach, formal, graffiti, the backgrounds were diverse.

Our cabin was 5182 balcony obstructed but we could see the sea from our beds and it was barely obstructed.

The service was top notch, the staff was so friendly, we were so hesitant to book Carnival and will not hesitate to book it again. The price was right.

We loved the audience participant shows. We were sent champagne, chocolates, and even a trophy! We loved loved loved this cruise and the attention to detail.

The service was top notch; the staff was so friendly. We were so hesitant to book Carnival and would not hesitate to book it again. The price was right too.

Publication Date: 07/23/13