Carnival Legend Cruise Review by cruise4u2: Great Cruise Great Staff

Great Cruise Great Staff

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Dover

Where do I begin? We were all set to don our lifevests as a joke for the first dinner. We were so hesitant to book Carnival after all the bad press and horror stories lately. This turned out to be our favourite cruise ever.

The food was great. The service in the dining room was great. We had three servers dedicated just to us. They were fast, friendly and attended to my GF meals with no problems. The food on the buffet line was wonderful and the most choices. Sorry but salad and jello were the only things gluten free unless you asked the chef and he would make whatever you want. I would have liked to have some GF dessert choices and more dishes labelled GF. My twenty something children loved it and have no dietary restrictions.

Formal nights. This is no booze cruise to the Bahamas folks. I was led astray by CC saying we would not need a tux. There was a sea of tuxedos and wonderful dresses on both formal nights. We felt so out of place. We like to dress up. I am sure More other people just went to anytime dining upstairs or the buffet.

Our cabin steward was wonderful and made up different towel art every night. We got a Russian Cossack dancer after St. Petersburg.

Room service was never late and the order was never wrong.

John, the cruise director, and his Hoda-like sidekick Calvyn were hysterical. My rock star daughter set her alarm not to miss their breakfast show and she seldom awakes before noon. The wit and banter back and forth was so entertaining.

Julian, the music director and sax/clarinet/flute etc was amazing and very handsome I must say. The shows were the best! The Carnival Legend dancers/singers/band were wonderful! Surprise! The costume changes and designs were spectacular! The booked entertainment was great too. Justin Illusion, the illusionist was over the top great. Hypnotist, Magician, Musicians, Singers, oh my - all were so fun and entertaining. No matter how tired I was I dragged myself to these shows and each time was more impressed than the last.

We have mobility issues and did not get an accessible cabin but the shower was doable. No tub to climb over! The hand held shower massage settings all worked and had a powerful flow. It was too hot on the coolest setting and they fixed it. The a/c was broken and they fixed that too. Guest service was prompt and friendly and wonderful. THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE we have ever experienced.

They had seats for people with mobility issues and held the the elevator doors and let us leave the emergency drill first. Very well organized. John made fun of the 'issues of late' and told everyone to get their for OBVIOUS reasons and this was the fasted most organized drill ever.

I have never seen a photo gallery with so much attention to pictures. There were 10 or 15 backgrounds all the time to get the best pictures and no expense was spared in the details. Cruise ship, pirate, sandy beach, formal, graffiti, the backgrounds were diverse.

Our cabin was 5182 balcony obstructed but we could see the sea from our beds and it was barely obstructed.

The service was top notch, the staff was so friendly, we were so hesitant to book Carnival and will not hesitate to book it again. The price was right.

We loved the audience participant shows. We were sent champagne, chocolates, and even a trophy! We loved loved loved this cruise and the attention to detail.

The service was top notch; the staff was so friendly. We were so hesitant to book Carnival and would not hesitate to book it again. The price was right too. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Balcony Upper 5182

5182 is an obstructed balcony stateroom. We could see the water from our beds; it is hardly obstructed by lifeboats. We could sit in our chairs on the balcony and see everything. The third bed is a sofa. It was too hard and they gave us a real mattress on top. The shower is big, small lip to step over. Hand held shower massage, great pressure, settings worked. Room for a shower chair. Three closets and plenty of storage in the bedroom and bath. Room darkening curtains work! Best lighting of any ship. If you want it bright it has surround ceiling lights!

Amazing clean city. We took a walking tour and a friend met us and we saw all the sights. The little mermaid is much smaller in real life. Gorgeous architecture and canals. Very pretty. Great shopping.

(5.5)

We paid a taxi driver to take us around and was amazed by his knowledge of the area rich in history. The white cliffs of Dover were majestic.

Read 22 Dover Reviews

Sorry the dirty industrial city scape was not my cup of tea. I did not like this city and wish we had gone to Belgium or Sweden instead. The train station was beautiful right in the middle of Market Square and we took the train to nowhere special and brought it back into town. The trams were a short walk from the ship and it is easy and cheap to use transportation. Free internet albeit slow is available at the mall walking distance to where we docked.

Read 335 Helsinki Reviews

Many people took excursions to Berlin but Warnemunde was having a festival by the sea and we are so glad we chose to stay. It has the largest beach I have ever seen. The carnival style boardwalk was fun in the sun. Music, cobblestone streets, nice restaurants and pubs, shopping was touristy. Lovely little town.

(5.5)

Beautiful old town transports you back to the 13 or 1400's. This is not so easy with the cobblestone hilly unforgiving streets. If you can hobble through this it is worth it because the buildings and castle keep were oh so beautiful. Shrek lives here and you get the chance to have a photo in the middle of town with him and Donkey. What fun. This was an easy walk from the ship but the old town is not very accessible. We saw some scooters and people being pushed in wheelchairs but this is definitely an endurance port. We needed a sea day to recover.

Read 351 Tallinn Reviews