Coral Princess Cruise Review by NancyBarn: Never Again

Never Again

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

They were terrific in luggage handling, I will give them that. The website states that small children must have a car seat to travel in Alaska.. We packed up the bulky car seat and found the only place required was the Denali park tour and the hotel provided it...why weren't we told this when we called and asked if we needed to bring that bulky piece of luggage? They did store it for, however, would have preferred not to have to lug it thru airports if it wasn't needed.

The wait staff was terrific, as was the cabin stewart. Customer service desk and some land crew we snippy, sarcastic, and mocking. I heard numerous comments after a passenger asked a question and walk beyond earshot [poor behavior] .. Every tour seemed to be a canned script and the guides did not venture to far off line and ALWAYS included was a blatant [often numerous] reminders to buy more tours [and they are not inexpensive]...with a tinge of guilt thrown in... "you don't want to leave here and regret that More you didn't --- whatever tour they were pushing that day.

Hotels were on a par with a 2 star hotel...really nothing to write home about except that they were all in areas so that you had to eat at their restaurants [except for McKinley]... food was and average to blah, in most cases ... We did see some wonderful and amazing things, however, if this is what cruises are like... I shall not do another, and I certainly will not cruise with Princess again. I don't feel I need to go into a laundry list of the goods and bad...let's just leave it at the bad experiences and treatments outweighed the good experiences and treatment. Less

Published 07/23/13

Read more Coral Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Coral Princess Review >>

Cabin review: BAc615 Balcony

Two twin beds on the floor were okay to sleep in... two beds in the ceiling were uncomfortable... the ceiling bed was not raised during the day when we were at sea [nor any day for that matter] and it made it all that more difficult to get around... The room with 3 adults and a 1.5 year old was cramped--and the baby had to pay full price. If I were to do that again we would get an inside cabin across from the outside cabin [cost would have been the same as with 4 of us in this room and we would have gained a bit of space and privacy. Shower is cramped [and that I understood], however why put a assist bar right in the middle of the shower wall when it could have been installed on the wall with the faucets---giving the showeree a bit more room. We were glad to have had the balcony as it allowed us to see the glaciers and sea life as we passed.

Train to Seward

Train was okay... by then just wanted to be to destination.... another shopping trip while we waited for coach to hotel

Mendenhall Glacier

the glacial tour was informative

Whale Watching

the whale watching on a smaller boat was terrific...

Saxman Native Village

Tour guide was knowledgeable but this tour was the beginning of a series of tours that ended in shopping and pleas to purchase more tours

I did not take an excursion here... stay onboard with small child as a "down day"

Read 736 Skagway Reviews

Skip X

See Coral Princess deals up to 82% off:

December Deals

10 Night Roundtrip Panama Canal (partial Transit)
January Deals

6 Night Caribbean Cruise
February Deals

10 Night Roundtrip Panama Canal (partial Transit)