MSC Opera Cruise Review by itsdave: Why all the negative reviews!

itsdave
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on MSC Opera Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Why all the negative reviews!

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

With mixed previous reviews read, I booked our first cruise aboard MSC Opera after initialy choosing an itinery rather than a ship. We booked a balcony cabin with allegrisimo drinks package.

We had three main concerns after reading negative reviews before hand, 1. Staff being unwilling to help, 2. Cabin space being on the small side. 3. Food quality and variety of food available. Well within 10 minutes of boarding I can tell you I dont understand the negative comments! All members of staff where polite courteous and extremely helpful. The cabin space was ample for our needs and was incredibly clean as was the entire ship. There is plenty of storage space to the extent that we did not use more than two thirds of it. The food quality is exceptional and matched only by the variety available, you certainly wont be eating just pasta dishes!

With these negatives put to rest we enjoyed our best holiday to date! relaxing when you want or being entertained when you want. More Talking of entertainment the evening shows are exceptional and differ daily, but focus mainly on visual displays such as contorsion, dance, mime, & popular style music which caters for the needs of all aboard. Bars cater for differing moods and if you require traditional cruise ship singing you will find it.

Would we book again? Yes, and probabaly before the end of next week.

What were the downsides? No downsides!

Who could spoil your holiday?

The only people that I saw, who were positively disappointing were, dare I say it, British! we can be the most rude intollerent people on earth and for that and on behalf of the decent ones amongst us, I appologise to the rest of the world.. These were very isollated events and in no way spoilt our holiday, just embarrased me!

MSC Opera I thank you for a splendid holiday! Less

Read more MSC Opera cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Opera Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Opera Oceanview Stateroom w/ Balcony Norma Deck 10106

Apparently smaller than other ship choices but more than adequate, storage space, plenty!. Easy balcony access and adequate space for two, Cabin 10106 on deck 10 and expected to hear more noise from above pool deck which was audible but not in any way obtrusive & definately way less noisy than a decent hotel room in London!!!!