MSC Opera Cruise Review by itsdave

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: 10
See More About: MSC Opera Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Opera Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Opera Deck Plans
Why all the negative reviews!

With mixed previous reviews read, I booked our first cruise aboard MSC Opera after initialy choosing an itinery rather than a ship. We booked a balcony cabin with allegrisimo drinks package.

We had three main concerns after reading negative reviews before hand, 1. Staff being unwilling to help, 2. Cabin space being on the small side. 3. Food quality and variety of food available. Well within 10 minutes of boarding I can tell you I dont understand the negative comments! All members of staff where polite courteous and extremely helpful. The cabin space was ample for our needs and was incredibly clean as was the entire ship. There is plenty of storage space to the extent that we did not use more than two thirds of it. The food quality is exceptional and matched only by the variety available, you certainly wont be eating just pasta dishes!

With these negatives put to rest we enjoyed our best holiday to date! relaxing when you want or being entertained when you want. Talking of entertainment the evening shows are exceptional and differ daily, but focus mainly on visual displays such as contorsion, dance, mime, & popular style music which caters for the needs of all aboard. Bars cater for differing moods and if you require traditional cruise ship singing you will find it.

Would we book again? Yes, and probabaly before the end of next week.

What were the downsides? No downsides!

Who could spoil your holiday?

The only people that I saw, who were positively disappointing were, dare I say it, British! we can be the most rude intollerent people on earth and for that and on behalf of the decent ones amongst us, I appologise to the rest of the world.. These were very isollated events and in no way spoilt our holiday, just embarrased me!

MSC Opera I thank you for a splendid holiday!

Publication Date: 07/23/13