Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by srl803

Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean
Tyler's Review of Vacation Cruise 11/22-29, 2003 (12 and a half year old female)

As soon as I got on the ship the lady handed me an invitation for 12-18 year olds to attend a party that night. So my mom registered me for the teen stuff then at 9:30 I went to the party. I was a little scared because I didn't know anybody. So I sat down and the counselor named Candy introduced me to some kids. I met them and became friends. At the party people danced -- not a lot. They played popular music. They just needed to play the Cha Cha Slide first so that everybody could stay on the floor. What made us sit down was when they let the whole song play when it's only a beat and no words. They gave us a schedule at the beginning of the cruise with all of the activities listed. The second day I did activities. Most of the activities took place at Tech World and Club Hollywood. At Tech World they have several PS2's and a lot of games, computers, and board games. You can bring your own CD's and they will play them, but I didn't bring mine. The Carnival Dancers were giving a class but they were teaching baby stuff so I left and went to the Lido Deck. I ate on the Lido Deck a whole lot. I only went swimming once in the pool because the salt water in the pool made my lips feel nasty. I went to the arcade and stayed about an hour. I went to Teen Battle of the Sexes but I had already missed it because we left off of the ship. In Puerto Rico I didn't see anything, all they had was poor people begging for money and people selling fake designer stuff for a lot of money. My mother took me to Senor Frogs and it was fun but not for children my age. I really hated Puerto Rico. A girl I met at dinner ended up being at Coki Beach with us in St. Thomas and we went snorkeling with her dad and her sister in the deep water. I was scared of the fish because they were huge and I was scared of the coral because they said if you touch it you'll get sea urchins in your feet and they'll never come out. I went to parties every night and more people got on the dance floor as the week went on. I met more and more friends and we hung out at Club Rio where they sing. I went to Karaoke one night and it was okay. We went to Orient Beach and I saw one naked lady walking up the beach. That was nasty. My parents let me be free for once in my life but the walkie talkies got on my nerves because they kept calling asking where I was at knowing they weren't going to come and get me because they were busy having too much fun. One day at sea me and my new friends went to the Paris dining room for lunch. I went to the teen talent show but mostly little kids were in it no teens. It was cute but not for me. I never saw my parents until like 11 p.m. or 12 a.m. because I was busy. It was fun having a key to the room and being able to come in when I got ready. I could have came in at 2 or 3 in the morning but I knew I would get in trouble if I did. The best thing on the cruise for me was the food. I liked the french toast, omelets, ham, bacon, cheeseburgers, pizza (all you can eat pizza), the snails, virgin strawberry daiquiris, free shirley temples with anybody's soda card, the desserts. The ship was never too cold. The waiters in the dining room were funny. Sometimes the adults will bust in front of you at the omelet station and you have to speak up. I changed my clothes a lot and wore jeans to the club. I ate by myself a lot because my parents weren't around. I really had a lot of fun. I watched movies in the room by myself one afternoon. I stole my parents chocolates off their pillows at night. The room steward would not come in your room when someone was in it so you don't have to be scared being in there alone. I played bingo one day. There were a lot of children my age on the ship. I told my mother if it wasn't a lot of children I would stay in the cabin and run up the bill watching movies all day. Some of the 16-18 year olds thought they were all that just don't let them talk to you like they are your parents. I think it was a equal number of them and 12-15 year olds. The only thing I think they need on the ship is some fried chicken, cabbage, collard greens and macaroni cheese. They have a basketball court but I didn't have time to play. I snuck in the casino and took five quarters from my mom and she let me play. The man who worked there came and said hi and my mom said hi and I said hi and I left because I knew he was going to say something. On the last night I met up with my friends for the address/e-mail exchange. I gave my e-mail address to about 10 friends. I want to go again during the summer or a holiday because I heard not a lot of teens are there during the school year. But if my parents want to take me during the school year I'm still going. I would rate this vacation a 10 out of 10.

Publication Date: 12/16/03