Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by firstfantasy

Disney Fantasy
Member Name: firstfantasy
Cruise Date: June 2013
Cabin Category: 7A
See More About: Disney Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Seniors on Disney Cruise

Do not cruise with Disney in the summer if you are a couple without children. Although my husband, me, and our adult daughter had no children with us we were on a family cruise with 3 children in our group (21 total). I can say that we did enjoy our cruise, the ship was overwhelmed with children (a lot of them running around the ship unaccompanied by any adults as if the adults were not afraid anything could happen to them or they could go anywhere (other than overboard). We encountered children running up and down the stairs not doing anything other than running the stairs. And most of them had no manners. If you wanted to get your picture with any of the characters forget it because teeny boppers would just jump right in front of you. We spent a lot of time in the adult only areas (18+). Disney staff apparently does not police this area very well because there were teenagers in the hot tub when my daughter was in there and they were spitting in the hot tub. She was so grossed out that she got out. And apparently some parents do not know what adult only means because there were 2 mothers with their preschool age children in the adult only pool! I complained repeatedly to the guest services and nothing was done.

As for the food it was OK. And I mean only OK. The breakfast buffet was pretty good and so was the lunch but as for the evening dining it was OK. Who eats wild boar? The portions were very small too. I am not a big eater but my husband sometimes left dinner hungry and my daughter would go back to the room and order room service. The desserts were the size of a tart when you ordered them. They were more like samplers. Very disappointed in the food.

The best times we had were either off the ship on an excursion or in the adults only club (the tube) at night but apparently parents still did not know what 18 and over meant because some brought their teenage children along.

Also on the days we were out to sea my sister who had her children and grandchildren with her said you could not even get near the pool or swim in the family areas because there so many people in the pool all you could do was stand in the water. I didn't get in them since we spent our time in the adult pool.

Forget trying to keep up your exercise routine in the exercise room, you could not get near it. You were better off walking around the ship.

We really enjoyed the entertainment in the evenings including the shows and the entertainment in the adult clubs.

So if you choose to cruise on the Disney Fantasy DON'T go when the kids are out of school in the summer because the ship is way too crowded. Our ship was booked to capacity. I only booked at this time of year because it was a family vacation but I would never go again at this time of year.

Publication Date: 07/23/13