Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Jennifer444: Really enjoyed this cruise, great for the price

Jennifer444
Member Since 2013

Embarkation Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Public Rooms Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

Really enjoyed this cruise, great for the price

Sail Date: July 2013

Really enjoyed this cruise. It was just a nice getaway for me and my boyfriend. We weren't looking for anything crazy expensive or nice, just something affordable and a good time! Things aren't going to be perfect but we really enjoyed ourselves. Also, if you have to eat a special diet this review will also explain my experience with being gluten free!!

Stayed in the Comfort Inn (in fort Lauderdale)the night before the cruise. They had a service that drove us out to the cruise port. We arrived I think around 12:45? Walked through the security part really fast and the only line we really had was waiting to check in but it moved fast and we got on the ship a little before 1:30 so perfect timing for lunch that started at 1:30. Our room was ready and the beds were together like I asked. Room was a little smaller than the last one we have had before but that wasn't my priority so It wasn't a big deal. It seemed pretty clean. The housekeepers for the room were very friendly and More remembered my name all week and said hello every time I saw them. I loved that they made us towel animals about every night! Always loved that.

The deck would always be crowded but we managed to get two chairs together after a few mins. We didn't get up early on the sea days. We were to visit, key west, grand cayman islands and Jamaica. The tropical storm didn't allow Jamaica but thankfully they had it set up for us to see cozumel mexico. I would have been really mad if we didn't get to see another port. cozumel actually ended up being my favorite port because we did the Atlantis submarine excursion. Key west was nice to just wonder around. We went to many bars and just took photos. Grand cayman was great, got a random cab and paid 4$ each to get to the beach. They dropped us off at the first stop where they had a restaurant, bar, bathrooms ect. beautiful beach. Unfortunately, I was dehydrated so I had to sit in the shade for a little until I chugged water and felt better but clear water to look at and enjoy, water wasn't too cold. We also had perfect weather everyday! Only rain was at night and while we were in the submarine but got sunny right after. The entertainment was great..loved the comedians, they were soooooo funny!

Food review- with specific examples for GLUTEN FREE****

*Breakfast Buffet- I normally got an omelet and some fruit so that was never a problem for me

*Breakfast Dinning hall- They made me GF french toast and and omelet. The GF french toast was actually REALLY good!!

*Lunch/Buffet- I didn't look at everything but I could eat salad, fruit, burger without the bun, fries (I really shouldn't but I did..didn't get sick though)..I never got to try the Chinese place..forget the name of it but Im sure you could have something made there for you I just never got to it on my trip. I basically ate the same stuff for lunch. Later in the afternoon since we had late seating I would grab some fruit, potatoes, rice, meat, cheese ect for a snack from the buffet.

*Posh Dinning Hall- We were In the Posh Dining hall. LOVED IT, Im assuming because my allergy its easier to put us at our own table so we have a table to ourself. Loved that! : ) I cant recall the main Hostess name but she was absolutely wonderful! Came to talk to me everyday about my gluten issue, I would pre-order the day before. I don't like that but its the best option for me to get it prepared knowing it will be safe. They also gave me some gluten free bread everyday! It wasn't bad, was nice to get some carbs in me! I loved the salmon, steak and chicken dinners. Didnt get anything off the wall just simple stuff. The steak was given with some GF sauce and wasnt bad. The Porkshop sauce was HORRIBLE! I dont recommend that. It was like pure seasoning and tasted really bad so I barely ate that. Every other night was great though. Got Shrimp cocktail and the asparagus soup. for desert they made me GLUTEN FREE MELTING CAKE! with ice-cream! It was really good!! They also gave me cheesecake but without the sauce which makes the cheesecake so that was just okay.

*Late Snacks- They had a mexican night so I got some tacos, and even had a side dish of spicy rice noodles.. i tried it out.. was really good and didn't get sick at all. They also have a space close to the clubs for a lighter snack of cheese and fruit. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Interior Verandah 8272

Tiny but not bad for the price. It wasnt the priority for me so it was clean and somewhere to get ready and sleep. I did hear the lobby music but its wasnt too bad. It didnt last all night and you are so tired from the day that it doesnt really bother you especially because I sleep with a pillow over my head.

Loved the beautiful beach and stores to look in. Not much to do in the town but beach is wonderful.

Was cool to just walk around, look at some stores, take some photos and went around to a bunch of bars.

Read 730 Key West Reviews