Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Vrydr

Cruise Date: May 2013
Cabin Category: 9B
Shore Excursions 5+

First time cruisers.

My wife surprised me with a cruise for our anniversary, booking an Eastern Caribbean cruise with our local travel agent on Carnival Glory. Having never been on any cruise we went with an OPEN mind and were NOT disappointed!

We flew in to Miami the night before and had a shuttle to the port, easy and painless to get there and get in line to embark. Sure there was a line and some waiting but what the heck, your on vacation relax and anticipate the pleasure! We boarded and went to our room and dropped off our carry on luggage, room steward was VERY accommodating from the first day to the last. We explored the Glory a bit had a drink and then went to unpack. Our balcony room was clean, quiet and very comfortable.

Food.. was abundant and good, not 5 star but we weren't expecting that either. I have no complaints on the dining room (excellent in my opinion) buffet is a buffet is there really a reason to complain about crowding? Go earlier or later, problem solved. At sea days we lounged on our balcony or roamed the ship, sitting at the pool at the adults only area or cruising the decks. Our ports were all beautiful, only wishing we had more time in each one.

We came away with a wonderful memory filled trip that we will definitely do again! If your loyal to a cruise line I can understand the differences if you cruise on another line. My advice? Stick with the one you like! I have researched all the lines and for my wife and I we are COMPLETELY satisfied with Carnival. The Glory was fun, I would sail her again or we will use one of her sister ships. We can't wait to do the western Caribbean...SOON!

Publication Date: 07/23/13