Carnival Glory 4

Vrydr
Member Since 2013
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

My wife surprised me with a cruise for our anniversary, booking an Eastern Caribbean cruise with our local travel agent on Carnival Glory. Having never been on any cruise we went with an OPEN mind and were NOT disappointed!

We flew in to Miami the night before and had a shuttle to the port, easy and painless to get there and get in line to embark. Sure there was a line and some waiting but what the heck, your on vacation relax and anticipate the pleasure! We boarded and went to our room and dropped off our carry on luggage, room steward was VERY accommodating from the first day to the last. We explored the Glory a bit had a drink and then went to unpack. Our balcony room was clean, quiet and very comfortable.

Food.. was abundant and good, not 5 star but we weren't expecting that either. I have no complaints on the dining room (excellent in my opinion) buffet is a buffet is there really a reason to complain about crowding? Go earlier or later, problem solved. At sea More days we lounged on our balcony or roamed the ship, sitting at the pool at the adults only area or cruising the decks. Our ports were all beautiful, only wishing we had more time in each one.

We came away with a wonderful memory filled trip that we will definitely do again! If your loyal to a cruise line I can understand the differences if you cruise on another line. My advice? Stick with the one you like! I have researched all the lines and for my wife and I we are COMPLETELY satisfied with Carnival. The Glory was fun, I would sail her again or we will use one of her sister ships. We can't wait to do the western Caribbean...SOON! Less

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: May 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Premium Balcony

9B
Lido Deck 9B, great balcony but room noisy at night sometimes, sounded like pumps running or something. Very clean, staff excellent. We were mid deck close to the hallway to the pool area and Red Frog bar. WE liked the location, easy to get to food, bar, pool, etc. Would book again.

Grand Turk was our last port, so we didn't schedule an excursion. Once there we browsed the shops bought some things, went to the Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville had a drink. We took our items back to the ship and then hit the beach for the rest of the day. The most beautiful and not overly crowded beach we found on the cruise. I would come here again and again. Talked to some of the people that took tours and snorkeling etc. They had a wonderful time. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. AAA+ in our book.

Read 1340 Grand Turk Reviews

Published 07/23/13

Helpful? Thank Vrydr
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?