Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by wishlist5: North to Iceland on X Infinity

North to Iceland on X Infinity

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Harwich

This was our first cruise on X, and we loved the ship size. The crew were all very nice, but we did notice that a few had some limited English skills. Here are some key points:

Deck 11 AQ-This floor had only 1 elevator that came to this area. No problem. Both hallways had a small sitting area, making the halls seem much more open. Very nice! Had a back door/stairway that went straght to the back of the buffet and back patio on deck 10. Very nice! Loved the big shower, shower doors, and spray jets! DID NOT like that the balcony didn't have a cover. I knew about this before, and thought it would be fine. It rained, and the rain hit the glass doors. Then we had to wait for the balcony to dry before we could use it. I would have loved to sit under a covered balcony and watch a rain storm. I would prefer deck 9 balconys with the large overhangs, to this. We had some rough waters, and there was a fair amount of creeking on this top floor. I got a bit queasy because of the waters, More thinking maybe the top floor was not the best place for me in rough seas. I didn't hear any noise from the sports deck on 12th floor. Room was very quiet. The AC/heat worked perfectly! Toilet flushed well-right on! BLU had exceptional service. Food was good to OK. The vegetarian options were very tasty. The afternoon canapes didn't look very appetizing and I so I cancelled delivery after the first few days. The carafe of tea was cancelled also, since it was basically colored water. Didn't use the Persian Garden...I think it is better on the S-class ships. Loved the priority check-in since the line to board was very long. Would do AQ again, but not on deck 11 if rain was forcast.

The Ship-Loved the AquaSpa cafe for healthy food options. Really enjoyed the Indoor pool area. I hung out here when it was raining, and the sound of the water, humidity of being indooors, and the light from above was so pleasing! Pool grill was good for afternoon fries! Didn't use the MDR. Was told by others that if you are AQ and go to the MDR, they send you to BLU. OceanView Cafe was fine. Food was good to OK. DH liked the Pasta station and Sushi Bar. As always, the Ice Cream station was yummy. I got some M&M's for late snacks from there, some times! I liked the Grill in the back, but there was always a long wait. Constellation Lounge was nice, and not used much. Every time I went there, all the older folks were asleep everywhere! haha Rendezvous was nice. The music and singers there were pleasant. LOVED the String Trio. 3 lovely Russian girls. They played around the ship regularly. Cafe al Bacio was awesome. Walked thru Cellar Masters plenty of times. This place was always empty (except sometimes the older folks were here instead of in the Constellation! The public restrooms were kept very clean-I appreciate that, X!

Crew-JC was a nice and pleasant CD. He seemed to be everywhere, all of the time. Very busy young English Chap! Plenty of crew, always friendly and willing to help. Speaker Kennedy was very good. Other speaker, not so much. The Dance Group put on action-packed Shows. Very entertaining. The female comedian, and the Hypnotist were entertaining. Ric was very good. The pianist was very good. I loved the Zumba Classes-made sure I went to EVERY one to work off the tons of calories I ate!! There were a lot of options onboard to keep people busy. Good! Captain Michael made a few appearances...good PR.

Shore Excursions-Took a few. They were OK. The guides we had, all had very heavy accents. Felt a bit rushed a few times. I would think twice next time about taking ship excursions.

Passengers-Odd how things work...there were numerous groups of folks of many cultures/nationalities. LOT'S of kids onboard. I think a group of young teens went thru Deck 11 (3 times) stealing all of the door signs! GRRRRR When in the Constellation, I noticed loud noise from the KidZone. All-in-all, we knew we had kids (probably 40-50) onboard. Some were lovely and polite, others not so much. I saw 3 VERY young babies....being held in arms the entire cruise (bless those parents). There was a large group who were absolutely rude to servers in the Oceanview, numerous times....I think it might have been a language barrier, or cultural "status" thing. Once, at the back grill, I had to speak up and say to a few who were yelling at the servers, to please be kind! They then starting jabbering about me, I'm sure! hahaha

What to do.

Ports-I loved this itinerary! Loved it! Torshavn was fabulous. It looked like a Christmas postcard. Iceland was a Geology dream. The Norway ports were sooooo amazing! We hiked all the way up to the point in Geiranger, then back down. That was a good way to work off all the calories we consumed. The natural wonders we experienced cannot be put into words. We stood close enough to rushing waterfalls to get the spray on us and smell the freshness! We stopped at a small red coffee shop on the way down to rest. We sat out on the picnic bench, sipped hot tea, and looked out over the fjord. It was truly a memory-made. Went up the funicular in Bergen, and hiked back down. We did things on this trip we sooo enjoyed.

We have made it home safely, and will count this trip as one of our favorites. Could I dig deep and find something to gripe about......maybe.....but then again, why should I! Thank you Celebrity for being host! Now, can I be ELITE? JK :) Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Oceanview Stateroom Vista Deck (7) 1104

Lot's of storage room.Very nice Bathroom and Shower. Loved the shower doors.I didn't like that there wasn't a balcony cover...this is the deal-breaker for me.Felt the ship movement more on this floor I think.