Island Escape Cruise Review by bronxglenn: Newbie cruisers

Newbie cruisers

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

I didn't like cruising and would never go on one. After a nightmare crossing from Calais to Dover a long time ago, ships were off my list forever.

After nagging for 34 years my wife finally got me to agree to trying a budget 7 night Med cruise on The Island Escape. The arguing has now finished. No more arguments about booking a cruise. After a mere week on the Island Escape my mind is made up. I just can't wait until our next cruise!!

What a brilliant weeks holiday for what can only be called ultra economy price. Our balcony cabin, although compact, was excellent and immaculate. Service throughout the ship was just perfect. Absolutely everything you could want. Gee whizz, for just about £500 each plus £250 each supplement for the balcony meant a mere £1500 each. Two people, a week of fun, food, and a tour of the Med with return flights UK to Palma included.

I'm not at all a fan of Thomsons. But, on this occasion I must admit, they have More definitely got it right.

Maybe it was our first cruise but it certainly won't be our last. Less

Published 07/23/13

Read more Island Escape cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Island Escape Review >>

Cabin review: OB9582

Cabin 9582 was compact, although it contained everything needed. Cabin was in good condition and the balcony was big enough to relax and offered a reasonable amount of privacy. Our cabin steward was everything you could ask or hope for.

bronxglenn
Member Since 2013
0 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?