Island Escape Cruise Review by bronxglenn

Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: OB
See More About: Island Escape Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Island Escape Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Island Escape Deck Plans
Newbie cruisers

I didn't like cruising and would never go on one. After a nightmare crossing from Calais to Dover a long time ago, ships were off my list forever.

After nagging for 34 years my wife finally got me to agree to trying a budget 7 night Med cruise on The Island Escape. The arguing has now finished. No more arguments about booking a cruise. After a mere week on the Island Escape my mind is made up. I just can't wait until our next cruise!!

What a brilliant weeks holiday for what can only be called ultra economy price. Our balcony cabin, although compact, was excellent and immaculate. Service throughout the ship was just perfect. Absolutely everything you could want. Gee whizz, for just about £500 each plus £250 each supplement for the balcony meant a mere £1500 each. Two people, a week of fun, food, and a tour of the Med with return flights UK to Palma included.

I'm not at all a fan of Thomsons. But, on this occasion I must admit, they have definitely got it right.

Maybe it was our first cruise but it certainly won't be our last.

Publication Date: 07/23/13