Noordam Cruise Review by DancingJungleKat: The best summer

The best summer

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Honestly couldn't have asked for much better! Although there were slight glitches at certain times it was overall quite good!

FOOD

was great I ordered room service a few nights very late yet they still managed to show up on time at my room 90% of the time and always got my order right! Breakfasts and lunches were well organized and suppers were quite outstanding, they had so many options and all very tasty in fact.The slight glitch was that half way through the cruise the (very popular) hot chocolate machine had ran out of powder which disappointed a lot of the kids and adults. But overall excellent!

ENTERTAINMENT

was outstanding they had many shows such as "divas night", "Latin night", HASBRO'S family game night which was very exciting for the children, 2 or 3 different comedians, a piano bar, karaoke almost every day i believe. There was 2 water slides and a water park at the top of the ship, a ropes coarse, mini golf,liquid night club(over 18), More clubs for kids!, ETC.also there was a 5D theater which was great for the 2 or 3 days that it worked but it kinda bummed not having it for a solid 9 days on board! But in general Ive never heard of a cruise with this kind of entertainment it was amazing!

BOARDING/DEPARTURE PROCESS

boarding was very decent certain days it took only 10 minutes to board while other times it took nearly an hour. Not trying to complain but an hour can feel like forever when you're tired and waiting in the drenching heat of the sun. But you could tell they were doing they're best because once you were at security they kind of rushed you! So just make sure to have all stuff going on board ready! On the other hand departure was always very quick and efficient taking max 10 minutes and minimum was 1 min!!

PORT-OF-CALLS

the only time we bought a deal package from the boat was when we went to Dubrovnik,Croatia it was good! But i found that the price was a little excessive for what it gave. In my opinion I had a better time just touring around the city and stopping in little shops and going to the places I had really wanted to visit! We went to all the ports as planned and I found we had a good amount of time given at each port!

P.S

I just wanted to share a little idea with you all! For my cruise I decided to take a journal with myself and at the end of each day I would wright in it what I had done! I thought this was a cool idea! I read it back a few days ago and it left me smiling:)) Less

Read more Noordam cruise reviews >>