“Tere Moana”

grapejuice
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Just returned from a week's sailing onboard the Tere Moana - Rome to Venice.

Had read all the negative reviews before sailing and was very concerned, even contacted the organizer of the event before we sailed to voice our concerns.

I have sailed on Regent several times and know what luxury cruising is all about, so I pretty much thought Tere Moan would be a dud!

How wrong was I!

From the moment we boarded everything was spot on.

Embarkation: Very relaxing experience in lounge area with drinks, canapes and pianist playing while we waited to be escorted individually to our cabins (all done within around 30mins)

Cabins: Although not as large as Regent, were adequate - very nicely decorated and the beds were oh so comfortable. Bathrooms smallish but adequate, lovely toiletries! Thank you Sidi, for attending to our room each day and making it perfect.

Meals: Absolutely sensational - congrats to the chefs. The staff in the dining rooms were fantastic as well, with Gede, Alan, Arnold, always there to assist you and greet you cheerfully at every turn.

Staff and crew were fabulous - not only do they do great work during the day, but many on board could also perform a song or two - their perfomance was mind-blowing, accompanied by Alex the pianist who also did a remarkable job trying to keep up with our many karaoke requests.

One of our many highlights was when the captain sailed past Stromboli late one night and we saw it erupting - while sipping cocktails and eating cannoli!

Air conditioning functioned very well - we were in Cabin 315,

Pool bar: lovely relaxing area - thanks to Vishal and Chris for great service

Only disappointment was that the drinks could have been served colder, a lot of the time especially the prosecco was warmish - we like it icy cold!

Also unable to place a food order round the pool - had to order it to your room then go and pick it up and bring it up to the pool!

How to improve the Tere Moana experience in my opinion

1. Improve refrigeration for drinks around pool and serve icy cold!

2. Take orders for food around pool and deliver to pool area.

3. Access to water- sports marina at back of boat, if safe to do so!

So to wrap up - Tere Moana is not Regent but it comes fairly close. Would I sail on her again - definitely.

Would I recommend her to my friends - definitely

• Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

315
Cabin was smallish but adequate. Air conditioning worked well,Bathrooms small but manageable - lovely toiletriesSidi did a fabulous job attending to our room.Bed was very comfortable as well as pillowsCabin very nicely decorated
Published 07/23/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Tere Moana Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?