Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Schiling

Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: Schiling
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
Entertainment 5+

Not worth it...

We cruised on Norwegian Jewel last summer and really enjoyed it so we decided to give the new ship a try and thought it will be better because it's new. There is too much hype about this ship then it actually is. Even though we had a haven family villa I was disappointed in the ship and staff. We checked in and we are waiting for our concierge to come and pick us up. We waited over half hour and after complaining a nice gentleman who works in the casino picked us up and escorted us to our villa. Once we got there our Concierge is sitting behind the desk on her computer and we approach her and without saying a word she goes off on the poor guy who escorted us "well too bad I have other customers and I can't do it all by my self". Hello Norwegian if I'm paying 16,000 thousand for my cruise I expect the amenities to come with the price, I don't want to stand there while my Concierge is arguing with the staff member who was being nice enough to take us to our room. Ok let's go on my butler was nice but didn't do much after we tipped him additional on top of the daily rate same thing happened with our cabin Stewart, they got there money so way bother with the effort.

The Food: very horrible always hamburger/French fries for lunch. Very medicore buffet. There was no nice dessert buffet or late night buffet. They had the same food with a slight twist everyday. The dining room had the same menu with slight change each day. Dessert was horrible unlike other cruise ships were the have amazing desserts. We ate at the paid teppanyaki restaurant that was good. I tried the bakery from Cake boss they called it a bakery but they only have like 5 items no thrills there. Just too much hype. I hate the Lavazza coffee on Norwegian I wish they can change it. It's watered out which is not my cup of coffee.

The ship: overcrowded, it looks worn out already, too many people the staff look angry and upset as to why should they serve you. They look tired and they don't want to be there unlike other cruise lines they are so nice attentive and go out of there way for you. Ship was disorganized and not enough pools for the amount of people. 4800 people swimming on top of each other in a pool that's smaller then my house pool.

Bermuda was beautiful!!!

I felt like I wasn't on vacation on this ship I left with excitement came back with booooooo for the breakaway!

The entertainment: the cirque show was amazing must see it's the best!!! We tried to see other shows however it was so crowded I felt like I was going to collapse from all that people so we just left. The parties on board was so crowded you couldn't enjoy it.

Publication Date: 07/21/13