Marco Polo Cruise Review by Flolincoln

Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Edinburgh
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: 12
See More About: Marco Polo Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Cruise & Maritime Voyages Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Marco Polo Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Marco Polo Deck Plans
The arctic

We have just returned from thirteen nights sailing up along Norway and up to Svalbard then down to the Faroese and Orkney . The Marco Polo is a handsome looking ship, yes older but has many plus points. We found the staff good and our cabin steward was excellent as was one of our waiters. Some staff needed a little guidance but for the price we paid we felt it was value for money. The food was plentiful and although not the best was perfectly edible if not outstanding. The water was not the best but it rarely is on board unless you go down the bottled route.

Sometimes I got the feeling that there were staff wanting to get their shift over but not often. We enjoyed the cruise, some excursions were overpriced but we went into most ports independently with no problems. My husband had wanted to do this cruise I was a reluctant companion as I didn't want to miss the second week of Wimbledon, I was surprised how much I did enjoy it and watching whales from the top deck became my favourite past-time.

I was surprised to read a negative review from someone on board at the same time so registered to say ..yes the showers were temperamental and the ship rocking around all added to the fun of remaining upright in the shower and not being frozen or scalded..it was the nearest I got to exercise on there !

Publication Date: 07/21/13