Star Princess Cruise Review by LuvinDisCruiser: 20th anniversary cruise to Alaska

LuvinDisCruiser
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Star Princess Alaska Cruises

20th anniversary cruise to Alaska

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

The princess Star is a beautiful ship. I know it's an older ship, but I didn't see any type of wear and tear anywhere. I saw on a few occasions the crew scrubbing the carpets and floor.

It was very easy to maneuver around the star, from top to bottom, and front to back ! We were on the emerald deck, the princess theater was down the hall, and down the stairs. A lot of the entertainment and restaurants were below us and easy to get to.

We had a great room steward, I wish I could remember her name, she was fantastic. She brought us wine glasses to drink wine before dinner and take to the dining room with us. She kept ice in a bucket for us daily. She brought me an extra blow drier, because the one in the room was worthless for my hair. She brought us both a robe. We didnt request an egg foam mattress topper, the beds were perfectly fine for us. We slept so good all week ,I miss the rocking of the ship while I sleep!

Our cabin was a good size, tons of space for More all we had. Tons of drawers, and plenty of closet space for our clothes. Room for our suitcases above and below the closet, and lots of shelves for our extras. The bathroom was small of course, but there was plenty of shelf space for our toiletries. It was the smallest shower I have ever seen, but that would be my only negative of the room.

We ordered room service each morning for our morning coffee. I did not mind the morning coffee at all. I did bring my own flavored creamer and it was fine. I did have a coffee card and purchased some specialty coffeess from the international cafe each day, along with a dessert, of course.

We did anytime dining for the first time, and enjoyed the flexibility. We didn't want to have to rush back from a port, or have to cut nap time short. So, it was great to get ready and go to dinner when ever weir was convenient. We seemed to eat usually between 6-7, and never once did we have to wait fora table. We did always request to share a table.

We met so many people every night and enjoyed all our table mates. We always seemed to eat with older people, but that was fine with us, they have a lot of stories, and lots of fun. We are in our mid 40's, they were all so happy to hear about our20th anniversary, even if they were married twice that long.

The food in the dining room was good, and we enjoyed all our dinners. We did eat in the crown grill one night, and that dinner was great ! My steak was SO tender. We also got the lobster tails and shrimp dish. And, a few appetizers, and dessert of course. And, the view outside was fantastic. It was the night of glacier bay..

Speaking of glacier bay.... WOW ! If you r wondering if you should sail with a glacier bay itinerary, do it! That was the highlight of our cruise. We did have awesome weather that day. It was cold at first, but warmed up later. The skies were blue, and no rain. Fantastic day, loved it !

Overall, the cruise was fantastic, highly recommend it to everyone, my husband wants to go back and do a weeklong fishing trip. I would definitely do it again. Less

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>