“4th of July Cruise”

Twoshew
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Staff was very friendly and attentive, I felt welcomed and appreciated, unlike a recent NCL trip. Food was good to very good in the traditional and anytime dinning rooms, the Horizon court buffet was packed during breakfast and lunch but the food trays were mostly kept full and tasted OK. Seating here was always an issue and I usually ended up with a table next to a busy main traffic isle as those with window seats around the perimeter did not seam to want to leave anytime soon. The issue here was I ALWAYS had a fellow cruiser walking by me, bumping into me or hovering over my table as I ate, not a relaxing enjoyable experience, unlike the main traditional dinning rooms which were great and I always looked forward to.

The Ship was clean and well maintained and the entertainment that I saw was acceptable. The Star does have a lot of heated fresh water deep swimming pools and many hot tubs so I could always find someplace to get wet or soak depending on the weather.

The only reason I will not sail on the Star again is I do enjoy a few fine Cigars while on board and the Star does not have a Cigar Lounge, they have designated only ONE Place on the ship were you can smoke a cigar and it is a heavy cigarette smoking, noisy and rowdy sports bar with your basic bar stools and bar table and chairs and a dozen TV's with all the same sports programming.

It is true that Cigar smokers are a minority but for me it is an important part of the cruise experience and the Star Princess did not meet my expectations in this regard and as such I would not sail on her again, which is unfortunate as I had a overall good time on a good ship.

Star Princess Cruises to Alaska
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Star Princess Review
Star Princess Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?