Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Deetrix1: Good Cruise With Some Disappointments

Deetrix1
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Southern Caribbean Cruises

Good Cruise With Some Disappointments

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

My husband and I just arrived home yesterday from our cruise to Grand Turk, Curacao, Dominican Republic and Aruba. Overall, we had a wonderful time and it was a good, much-needed vacation. However, there were some aspects of the cruise that were very disappointing. I will start off with the pros first:

1. The ship is beautiful and immaculate. Probably one of the prettiest and stylish ships I have ever been on.

2. Everyone(staff and guests) were very friendly.

3. Drinks were very good. I admit that I enjoy my alcoholic refreshments and their drinks were a perfect amount of strength without ruining the taste of the drink.

4. The food in the dining room and restaurants around the ship was great. The lido deck buffet was ok. Loved, loved the indian buffet. We didn't try the steakhouse or the Italian restaurant, but we heard from others that it was incredible.

5. Enjoyed the dealers in the casino. Very friendly and relaxed.

6. Excursion More in Aruba (The Off Roading adventure with Natural Pool) was great. The natural pool was incredible. Only wished we had more time there. The guides were ok.

7. Comedians, for the most part, were great.

8. Ben at the piano bar is a lot of fun. We were there many nights.

Now for the cons:

1. Noisy, noisy cabin room. Now we were in the bottom of the ship, so we did expect a little bit more of a rowdy crowd, but it was pretty ridiculous. A lot of the noise came from the staff being loud (putting away dishes at 2am outside our room, talking to other guests in the hallway at 6am). It was hard to get a good night sleep.

2. The service in the dining room was awful. Even though they were all very friendly, it was extremely slow. One night, my husband and I were in the dining room for over 2 hours...most of the time waiting for our dinner and dessert. We did have anytime dining which was so unorganized. We did hear from other people that if you had a set time for dinner, the service was a lot better. We missed the beginning of one of the shows due to the wait.

3. The setup of the Lido deck Marketplace buffet was ridiculous!!!! Trying to get breakfast was like breaking into fort knox. My husband had to wait in line for 45 min for one omelet. I always opted for a piece of fruit and oatmeal so I wouldn't have to wait in line. I would say that on average, be prepared for at least 20 min wait for a buffet breakfast.

4. The entertainment on the ship was not very good. The Piano Bar and the comedians were the exception. However, the comedians performed in the limelight lounge and there was such limited seating that some people were even turned away from standing due to the lack of space. Plus, in order to see the next comedian, you would have to leave before the previous comedian was done in order to get in line for the next one. Otherwise, you would not get in.

Overall, we had a great time but I don't know if we will cruise with Carnival again. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 1282

Very clean and ample space for 2. Very Noisy hallway.