Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by ecrbigfoot: Breakaway is right...I wish I was able to breakaway from this ship.

Norwegian Breakaway 3
ecrbigfoot
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Breakaway is right...I wish I was able to breakaway from this ship.

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I don't have a lot of time to write everything, but here's a synopsis...

I've been on at least 2 dozen cruises on various cruise lines. NCL is the ship I take now only because of my casino host affords me "reduced rates" on NCL. If it wasn't for that, I would not be cruising on NCL.

Here are my concerns with the Breakaway:

1) The configuration of the ship is not prudent to the amount of passengers on board. Typically, cruise ships never feel like they have thousands of people. However, this ship did. There were fights at the pool, the spa was overbooked and there were lines every night at the restaurants. I'm guessing they really took the "NYC experience" to heart.

2) Not enough places to eat...whether it's included or specialty. We felt that since the main seating dining rooms were always booked up, NCL was forcing us to head to the specialty restaurants. That's not fair. BUT, even when they are forcing us to those $$ restaurants, you would think More there was enough space for people there...nope.

3) Rooms...our ocean view was nice. No complaints there. Our friends had a balcony, though, and it was the smallest physical balcony area I have ever seen!

I could go on, but after reading a lot of the reviews on Cruise Critic, most people have hit the mark with the complaints.

Shame on NCL... Less

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X