Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Mnmsdad33

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Mnmsdad33
Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: Mnmsdad33
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
        3-6 3.0
        7-9 3.0

Big Disappoinment !!!!

Booked this cruise to celebrate my parents birthdays with a group of 25 people. Getting on and off the boat was easy and efficient. That would be the highlights of the ship. The food and entertainment were all fine, no major complaints. The room was ok, on the small side as well as a small balcony. Again, no major complaints there. Bermuda is awesome with some of the greatest beaches you will ever see. It is pricey but that is to be expected. So where is the big disappointment you must be asking?

Well here it is. First off, the boat was overbooked by about 750 people making the pool and lounge chair situation absolutely deplorable. It's almost as if the pool area was an afterthought. I have seen way bigger pools in people's backyards, now try jamming 4750 passengers into a set of pools with max capacity of 30 to 50 people. Insane. For 3 of the at seas days, no one in my group had a lounge chair, so we stood around the children's pool, and that is being nice, watching our children run through sprinklers. We can do that more comfortably at any city park for free! Call me crazy, but after working all year to have a vacation, I should at least have a seat to relax on. Not on the Breakaway. This was my second NCL cruise. The first one was 4 years ago on the Dawn and we absolutely loved it. It was off my recommendation that we booked this trip. Boy was I embarrassed. The idea of a vacation is to relax and have agood time. It was impossible to do that on this ship. There were over 1700 children booked on this cruise. 2 hour waits for the zip line. Long lines for the slides. Long lines for miniature golf. One of the basketball nets were broken. Jogging track in the middle of the lounge chairs. I almost felt like I was on candid camera or punkd.

Anyway, a bad vacation is still better than no vacation at all. I just wish that for the money they charge, that everyone would be able to be accommodated. That was not he case. I would be remiss not to mention our steward Allain. He was awesome. Kids loved the towel animals and he was eager to help in any way he could. A really good guy! Also the guys running the drinks in Spice H2O were incredible. Tough job and they really did it well. I highly doubt I would cruise NCL again.

Publication Date: 07/18/13