Sun Princess Cruise Review by Queenk2

Embarkation: Osaka
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: AB
Cabin Number: D748
See More About: Sun Princess Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Sun Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Sun Princess Deck Plans
Disaster at sea!

Let me preface all my remarks with the fact that we are elite members and have gone on 18 Princess cruises. Not only have we cruised extensively ,we have also done a fair amount of land trips too.

I really have only wonderful things to say about the itinerary.Having always wanted to see Japan, this trip took us to well traveled areas of Japan as well as less visited areas. The people and places were amazing! However , the Sun Princess, is ready for retirement!

We originally booked a Ba cabin,midship on caribe deck, room C507. This room was unsuccessful because the air conditioning was not working. We were shown two other balconies, one of which was already occupied, but the pursers office was not aware of this small detail. The second room was hotter than our original balcony. They graciously offered us a mini suite on dolphin deck d 748. The room appeared to have air conditioning and we were elated to have this wonderful room. Our joy was short lived as that first night, during a rain storm, the room flooded.I am not talking about a few small water stains, I am talking about a major flood so extensive that our carpeting was changed the next moring! We had to vacate the room to fix a faulty balcony threshold. When we returned to the ship, all appeared to be fixed! U fortunately, that evening, the room flooded again and they sent an engine to find out what had happened. This time a neighboring room flooded as well due to broken pipes that appected our room and two others. These rooms were so badly damaged that they were vacated and stripped to bear walls. This adventure was not over yet! The next day as they fixed the leaking pipes, the air conditioning broke I. Our room and had to be fixed! The following the electricity went out! All in all, the ship suffers many problems and needs a major overhallM

As stated earlier, I have been on many cruises. The food in the dining room was largely inedible due to poor quality of the meat and seafood. Most dishes were prepared with heavy sauces to disguise

The tough beef and frozen fish! Have you ever heard of leather jacket fish? I have not and wouldn't eat it due to its vile smell. I understand that taste is subjective, but I am not talking about taste, but more importantly the quality of the items served. We stopped going to the dining room and chose to go to the buffet where we could see what was being offered.

We had an amazing cabin steward, and many of the staff are friendly and attempted to help us, but the ship is just in dire need of repairs!

Publication Date: 07/18/13