Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by itsme423

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by itsme423
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: itsme423
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: D1
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

First time cruisers

Since this was our first cruise, we didn't know what to expect. We flew into Orlando and took a shuttle to Port Canaveral. The shuttle rep was at the baggage claim area, so moving on to the next leg of our journey was easy. We did wait in line for a short while waiting to get our sea pass and proceeded onto the ship.

We had selected a room with a private balcony which was very nice. Everything was clean and the bathroom was spotless and appeared to be new. (deck 7). It was about 2 PM by the time we checked into our room, we availed ourselves to the buffet in the Windjammer. My husband (who is a fussy eater) and I enjoyed the selections, which were varied and plentiful. We had opted for My Time Dining, and ate most of our meals in the Windjammer as there was always something that we both enjoyed.

We found the staff to be very cordial and helpful. Though we didn't have any unusual needs or requests, there was a problem with an electrical outlet in our room, we call our Steward (Christian) and within 10 minutes someone arrived to fix the problem.

Unfortunately, the weather on Coco Cay the next day was awful. We stayed on the island for almost 2 hours and returned to the ship when the rain and wind didn't let up. We stayed in the 'adult' pool and hot tub that afternoon. We thought the shows were very good, the comedian and magic act were top notch. Can't say enough about our Cruise Director.. Mark... very funny guy with tons of personality.

We were not too fond of Nassau. We felt the 'natives' were a bit pushy and expected a tip for doing almost nothing. We rented a scooter and found a nice public beach and spent the afternoon there.

We had dinner one night in the main dining room. It was good, but the choices for dinner were limited but excellent. The service was top notch and our waiter did everything he could to make sure we were satisfied.

We took advantage of some of the 'entertainment'...bingo, the cake decorating competition, the towel folding instructions (okay, so my husband didn't go to that with me!), listened to some wonderful music.

I purchased the soft drink package ($29.00 for 4 days). By Wednesday afternoon (we cruised from Monday thru early Friday morning),. the 2 machines that dispensed soda into the 'special' cup provided no longer had anything diet soda except flavored water. I think they should have at least 2 more of these machines and refill them more often. I was able to get diet coke at the bar on Deck 9 and a few of the other bars.

We chose to carry our own luggage off the ship. We left about 8:45 and waited just a few moments before disembarking. We had made arrangement for a rental car. The Avis shuttle was a short walk away and brought us to Avis. Our flight was not leaving until 7 PM that evening so we drove to the Kennedy Space Center and spent a few hours there. It was wonderful and I recommend it highly.

Overall, we had a great experience on our first cruise. We had our photo taken several times...and selected one as the others were a little odd. The photographer insisted that every woman put her hand on her hip, 'model style'..I don't stand like that and I didn't find the photos flattering, but purchased one anyway.

Publication Date: 07/17/13