Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by kimbosrango

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Western Caribbean Cruise with 18 yr old daughter for her senior trip

After doing tons of reading on Cruise Critic, I was more than prepared for our first cruise. Flew into Ft Lauderdale for the night and shuttled back their the next morning to get on Carnival Shuttle to Miami Port. The shuttle driver for Carnival was funny and informative. Unloaded our bags at port where they were quickly picked up and taged with "Faster To The Fun stickers" The bags were outside our cabin door as soon as we got on the ship. Would highly recommend the Faster to the Fun excursion. Your cabin is ready as soon as you board, with your bags waiting, separate line at customer service with no waiting, priority tendering at ports, priority reservasions, and disembark time.

Had an amazing time on the ship and enjoyed the ports. Chankanaab Park in Cozumel, Belize, Mahongany Bay Beach, Dolphin swim & Sting Rays in Grand Cayman. The only thing I might say is, no reason to tender off the boat in Belize unless you have an excursion planned. Many excursions were cancelled due to rain. We were planning on tubing and zipline, which I've heard is awesome. I talked myself out of it because I didn't want to be on a bus 1.5 hrs both ways. Glad I did since it rained, but we did tender into port to check it out anyway. Wasn't really impressed. Was warned not to leave the Duty Free Shopping Area, due to our safety as to girls alone.

Couldn't have ask for better service. The ship was very clean. The staff were amazing and work very hard to make sure you have everything you need. Our cabin steward, Ramburt, was also very helpful with information about the ports. He knew that it was just my daughter and I, and wanted to make sure we stayed safe. Our waiter, Phillips, was very friendly always asking how our day was and what exciting activities we had done. By the second evening, I was having my Mr Pib being brought to the table without even having to ask.

While on the ship, we enjoyed a Mardi Gras Party, 4th of July deck party, and Groove for St Jude dance party, a few comedy shows, and carnival live shows. There is always something for everyone to enjoy. Best time ever on the Carnial Liberty!!!!!

Looking forward to Jan 2014, Bahamas cruise leaving Charleston, SC