Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by kimbosrango: Western Caribbean Cruise with 18 yr old daughter for her senior trip

kimbosrango
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Western Caribbean Cruise with 18 yr old daughter for her senior trip

Sail Date: June 2013

After doing tons of reading on Cruise Critic, I was more than prepared for our first cruise. Flew into Ft Lauderdale for the night and shuttled back their the next morning to get on Carnival Shuttle to Miami Port. The shuttle driver for Carnival was funny and informative. Unloaded our bags at port where they were quickly picked up and taged with "Faster To The Fun stickers" The bags were outside our cabin door as soon as we got on the ship. Would highly recommend the Faster to the Fun excursion. Your cabin is ready as soon as you board, with your bags waiting, separate line at customer service with no waiting, priority tendering at ports, priority reservasions, and disembark time.

Had an amazing time on the ship and enjoyed the ports. Chankanaab Park in Cozumel, Belize, Mahongany Bay Beach, Dolphin swim & Sting Rays in Grand Cayman. The only thing I might say is, no reason to tender off the boat in Belize unless you have an excursion planned. Many excursions were More cancelled due to rain. We were planning on tubing and zipline, which I've heard is awesome. I talked myself out of it because I didn't want to be on a bus 1.5 hrs both ways. Glad I did since it rained, but we did tender into port to check it out anyway. Wasn't really impressed. Was warned not to leave the Duty Free Shopping Area, due to our safety as to girls alone.

Couldn't have ask for better service. The ship was very clean. The staff were amazing and work very hard to make sure you have everything you need. Our cabin steward, Ramburt, was also very helpful with information about the ports. He knew that it was just my daughter and I, and wanted to make sure we stayed safe. Our waiter, Phillips, was very friendly always asking how our day was and what exciting activities we had done. By the second evening, I was having my Mr Pib being brought to the table without even having to ask.

While on the ship, we enjoyed a Mardi Gras Party, 4th of July deck party, and Groove for St Jude dance party, a few comedy shows, and carnival live shows. There is always something for everyone to enjoy. Best time ever on the Carnial Liberty!!!!!

Looking forward to Jan 2014, Bahamas cruise leaving Charleston, SC Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Oceanview Riviera 1348

Cabin 1348 had an ocean view, was clean and bright, a couch/twin bed, two twins, 3 closets, nice bathroom, a vanity with plenty of cabinets and counter space. This wasn't our original cabin. We were able to upgrade from an inside room, due to rate changes. So glad we did. Our cabin was clean, located close to a section of elevators, & quiet. Our location on the ship was perfect, we were right in the middle and only had to take an elevator to 9th floor, which put us right at the pool and everything else was very close by.

If it hadn't rained we would have tubed and ziplined, but instead we just tendered into the port to check it out. Wasn't very impressed. Don't bother unless you have an excursion. Most excursions also included long transport times due to the fact that there isn't anything in Belize City.

After doing some research, I found we could walk to the same beach that is offered as an excusion for about $60 a person for free. Free chairs on the front row beach front. The beach is very nice and offered reasonably priced meals. The port was very clean and nice.

Read 1662 Roatan Reviews