SUMMARY: Overall we really enjoyed this 12-night cruise around the Mediterranean. Given we were most interested in the ports of call we did not really spend all that much time on the ship and did not extensively use the entertainment and recreation offered on-board. So far us, the most important things such as a functional cabin and comfortable bed were also the things that stood out the most. The decor in the cabins is very pleasant and the furnishings are excellent. We also got to spend time in my parents' balcony cabin across the hall which was also very specious and beautiful. We went to the comedy show a couple of times which was great and played around in their game room which is well equipped with air hockey tables, racing pods, etc. The things that we did not enjoy as much were the main course at their restaurant which was always of pool quality (especially their steak) as well as the perpetual line-ups everywhere. From Deck 11, oftentimes it'd be faster to just take the stairs instead of try to wait for the elevators because you could end up standing there for 10 minutes. Other than that, the cruise itself was well-organized and captain and staff were terrific! With the deal we got for the spa cabins, I'd say it was worth it.
+ Clean, comfy, spacious, and well-decorated cabins
+ Beautiful Serenity Deck pool area
+ Well-organized cruise
+ Great captain and terrific staff
+ Good service in the restaurant
+ Great comedy shows
+ Good gym (although would be nice if you could actually see the ocean through those windows)
+ Excellent breakfast and good buffet food
+ Very pleasant thermal-chairs in the spa overlooking the ocean
+ Outdoor movies in the evenings were very enjoyable
- Constant over-crowding everywhere! You always have to stand in line even to get water! If you want to sit in the Serenity Deck hot-tub during a day-at-sea, you can forget about it.
- Main course in their restaurant was terrible (and I'm generally someone who'd eat just about anything). Appetizers and deserts were all great though.
- DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get their "Your Time Dining". You'll get screwed big time and will always have to wait in line up to half an hour to get a table.
- All their buffet drinks, including the juices, were infused with chemicals and sugar. Would be nice to have squeezed juices, at least in the mornings.
- The steam rooms in the spa were a joke. At times I actually needed to wrap myself in a towel because I was cold.
- Getting your laundry done the last 2 days of the cruise was impossible. 2 washers and dryers to accommodate several thousand patrons is a joke. Even then, the machines ruined some of our laundry even when setting the dryer to low temperature/delicate setting.