Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by lennysails: Splendor was Splendid!

Carnival Splendor 5
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 2.0

Splendor was Splendid!

Sail Date: July 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I had booked this family vacation 349 days in advance long before Carnival had any problems....I picked the ship and the vacation for 12 family members...when all the bad press began I was harassed daily I had been reluctant myself in the beginning...we are Norweigan sailors so all that was happening was making me feel like I had made a mistake. Well I am so happy and PLEASED to say Carnival proved everyone wrong.

The ship was trip is was a bit crowed getting looks a little fun house ish until it becomes home...the staff on this ship is EXCELLENT...the meals in the Golden Pearl hot every night...dessert great everynight...never a rush or a problem for ANYTHING...I hated saying good bye last night. The Casino was terrific staff fabulos as stewarts GREAT...if I had a complaint it would be the long lines....not the Staffs fault Ships design is not open enough. I had read several reviews and they really made me nervous this More ship deserves a review that high lights all the good things it has...and I have to say I went with 12 completely different people from students to lawyers and Doctors and a great time was had by all... wish they would put the comedy shows in a bigger GREAT....special thanks to Lucian room service plus took my mom on board...Elena.Jr. hostess Black Pearl..staff at Pinicale truly a FANTASTIC experience...HERY. wait staff at Casino...Inyoman..Jose.wait staff at Gold Pearl...Mario waiter at Black Pearl to all at the Chefs table...Thank you for a wonderful family vacation...a truly great experience....don't be afraid to try was really great...... Less

Published 07/16/13

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: 4D6341

I was in cabin 6341 on the Carnival Splendor...cabin size bigger than most ships. It was a little noisey...above the Casino.

When we arrived in San Juan it was husband and kids had zip lining planned...they had the time of there lives...LOVED it Mom myself and others took a tour with a bus that was right outside the dock it was GREAT...normally I would not do anything that I didnt book on the ship but it was raining so we took a chance and it worked out great...we saw all the points of interest.

Read 1646 San Juan Reviews