Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by lennysails

Carnival Splendor
Carnival Splendor
Member Name: lennysails
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: 4D
See More About: Carnival Splendor Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
        16+ 2.0
Value-for-Money 5+

Splendor was Splendid!

I had booked this family vacation 349 days in advance long before Carnival had any problems....I picked the ship and the vacation for 12 family members...when all the bad press began I was harassed daily I had been reluctant myself in the beginning...we are Norweigan sailors so all that was happening was making me feel like I had made a mistake. Well I am so happy and PLEASED to say Carnival proved everyone wrong.

The ship was great....perfect...no trip is perfect...it was a bit crowed getting on...it looks a little fun house ish until it becomes home...the staff on this ship is EXCELLENT...the meals in the Golden Pearl hot every night...dessert great everynight...never a rush or a problem for ANYTHING...I hated saying good bye last night. The Casino was terrific staff fabulos as well....room stewarts GREAT...if I had a complaint it would be the long lines....not the Staffs fault Ships design is not open enough. I had read several reviews and they really made me nervous this ship deserves a review that high lights all the good things it has...and I have to say I went with 12 completely different people from students to lawyers and Doctors and a great time was had by all... wish they would put the comedy shows in a bigger area....spa GREAT....special thanks to Lucian room service plus took my mom on board...Elena.Jr. hostess Black Pearl..staff at Pinicale truly a FANTASTIC experience...HERY. wait staff at Casino...Inyoman..Jose.wait staff at Gold Pearl...Mario waiter at Black Pearl to all at the Chefs table...Thank you for a wonderful family vacation...a truly great experience....don't be afraid to try Carnival...it was really great......

Publication Date: 07/16/13