Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by lennysails: Splendor was Splendid!

lennysails
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Splendor was Splendid!

Sail Date: July 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I had booked this family vacation 349 days in advance long before Carnival had any problems....I picked the ship and the vacation for 12 family members...when all the bad press began I was harassed daily I had been reluctant myself in the beginning...we are Norweigan sailors so all that was happening was making me feel like I had made a mistake. Well I am so happy and PLEASED to say Carnival proved everyone wrong.

The ship was great....perfect...no trip is perfect...it was a bit crowed getting on...it looks a little fun house ish until it becomes home...the staff on this ship is EXCELLENT...the meals in the Golden Pearl hot every night...dessert great everynight...never a rush or a problem for ANYTHING...I hated saying good bye last night. The Casino was terrific staff fabulos as well....room stewarts GREAT...if I had a complaint it would be the long lines....not the Staffs fault Ships design is not open enough. I had read several reviews and they really made me nervous this More ship deserves a review that high lights all the good things it has...and I have to say I went with 12 completely different people from students to lawyers and Doctors and a great time was had by all... wish they would put the comedy shows in a bigger area....spa GREAT....special thanks to Lucian room service plus took my mom on board...Elena.Jr. hostess Black Pearl..staff at Pinicale truly a FANTASTIC experience...HERY. wait staff at Casino...Inyoman..Jose.wait staff at Gold Pearl...Mario waiter at Black Pearl to all at the Chefs table...Thank you for a wonderful family vacation...a truly great experience....don't be afraid to try Carnival...it was really great...... Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Interior Upper 6341

I was in cabin 6341 on the Carnival Splendor...cabin size bigger than most ships. It was a little noisey...above the Casino.

When we arrived in San Juan it was raining...my husband and kids had zip lining planned...they had the time of there lives...LOVED it ++++...my Mom myself and others took a tour with a bus that was right outside the dock it was GREAT...normally I would not do anything that I didnt book on the ship but it was raining so we took a chance and it worked out great...we saw all the points of interest.

Read 1367 San Juan Reviews