Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by NJCruiser2013: Cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity Summit June 23rd - June 30th

NJCruiser2013
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

Cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity Summit June 23rd - June 30th

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

My wife and I were lucky enough to book a last minute cruise from Bayonne, NJ to Bermuda for my 5oth birthday. We booked through Vacationstogo.com and got an unbelievable deal for a 7 night cruise. Upon arrival at Cape Liberty, we were dropped off with our bags at the terminal @ 10:45 am and we were on the ship sipping cocktales at 11:15. We were extremely pleases with Celebrity and the Summit. Our cabin Stuart (Noel) and wait staff (Rafael and Leon) were wonderful and couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome. The shows were very entertaining and so were the performers. There was a female guitarist (Brandi) who played different lounges on the ship who was really good. The cruise director, Alexander was great also, unfortunately, our cruise was his last until October. The lounge areas on the ship were gorgeous and my wife and I found ourselves on the Oceanview Bar on Deck 10 having breakfast every morning and hanging out at the Martini Bar (Crush) or the Rendezvous Lounge for drinks More before Dinner. We attended every show in the evening prior to our 8:30 dinner seating. On my birthday, we made arrangements to have dinner at one of the specialty restaurants, Qsine. i would HIGHLY recommend eating here, it was quite an experience and the food was wonderful.

I have to comment on one of the reviews that gave this cruise a bad rating due to overcrowding, etc. I don't think I have ever been on a cruise where seating at the pool is not a problem. This particular cruise had 2,240 passengers on it and it is impossible to have a seat available to everyone on the ship. THEY mentioned that they would go on the Norwegian Breakaway. EVERY person I spoke to in Bermuda who was sailing on that ship was complaining about the crowds, waiting on line for EVERYTHING and only having ONE show a night to attend. That you had to make reservations to see the show and they weren't always available.

This was my first time sailing on Celebrity and my wife an I are already looking forward to our next cruise with them. Thank you so much Celebrity Summit for making my 50th birthday a wonderful experience. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit Inside Stateroom Sky Deck (9) 7030

Inside cabin #7030 was on the 7th deck about as far forward as you can get in the ship via an interior hallway. The room was clean and we had a great cabin steward (Noel). We spent about 7 hours a day there (6 hours sleeping) so it was more than adequate.

Easy in, easy out. We were dropped off at the port at 10:45 and on the ship by 11:15. The easiest embarkment I have ever had. All of the baggage handlers were pleasant and helpful.