Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by seminolegal

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by seminolegal
Seven Seas Navigator
Seven Seas Navigator
Member Name: seminolegal
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Seward
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: B
See More About: Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Navigator Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Navigator Deck Plans
Not 5 star

This was the first luxury cruise my husband and I have taken; and given the price tag, we expected 5-star (or at least near 5-star) service. Sadly, it was more of a 3.5 to 4 star experience (at a 5+-star price). I don't normally write reviews; but feel I have to so that people don't waste thousands of dollars on future trips.

Multiple times we arrived in the main dining room only to wait 2-3+ minutes with no one making eye contact or saying 'hello' until we flagged someone down. I get better service at McDonald's! Then our waiter the first night came to our table without no "hello", no smile, no "My name is ... and I'll be your waiter". It was a bit surreal. Not a great way to to start a "luxury" vacation. Other nights were similar with the exception of one waiter who knew the meaning of service. We talked to many other guests having similar spotty service experiences.

We went into a lounge for afternoon tea one day and sat down at the only table available that was full of dirty cups, plates, etc. We were there at least 15 minutes and no waiter bothered to come by and pick up any of this. Again...surreal for a "luxury" cruise.

One of the main points of the Regent travel brochures is how the in-suite fridge is stocked daily. Not true...at least two of the days the fridge was not restocked. We ordered drinks/appetizers one night before dinner and finally got it after well over an hour (after multiple calls). We ordered two orders of the "salmon/bagels/cream cheese" dish and it came without cream cheese. The first morning we went to the breakfast buffet, smoked salmon (our favorite) was out and not replenished for 30 minutes! The list goes on!

I do hate to emphasize the negative, but in this case, that is mostly what we had. I will say though that I thoroughly enjoyed the food. It was all very tasty (a nice surprise for a cruise). The Prime 7 specialty restaurant did have good service and food; but you could only make reservations for one night there. The entertainment was good; and the enrichment lectures were also worth attending.

But I still come back to my expectations for such a pricey cruise. There was very little attention to detail or service; and that is a huge miss in my mind. We got FAR better service on a Disney cruise that was half the price per person. I almost wonder if the all-inclusive (including gratuities) worked against us since the crew had no immediate incentive to give good service. We will absolutely not cruise Seven Seas again and cannot recommend it for others. Hopefully this post will save more people from being duped into Seven Seas' 5-star claim.

Thanks,

Alice

Publication Date: 07/16/13
Read the Alaska ports review by seminolegal
More Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Navigator review Read the next Seven Seas Navigator review

More Alaska Cruise Reviews