Disney Dream Cruise Review by TX0810: Truly a DREAM

Truly a DREAM

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Took our 3yr old baby girl to Disney cruise for 4 days, this was also our first time cruising. Now we are less than 90 days till our next cruise with Disney again. We were bit apprehensive but wanted to try a cruise so we only pick the 4 days after TA insisted that it would be better than 3 days and I'm glad that I listened coz 4 days is not enough if that tells you anything about our experience on this cruise.

We arrive the day before and stayed at the residence inn in port canaveral. Hotel is less than a mile from the port and I believe they offer shuttles for a fee not sure how much as we had friends that drove us. We got to the port early, 10ish and checkin was about normal wait time plus we had already did it online. Not sure how long we waited before we boarded but we were exited and time felt like it flew by. Pictures, then on to lunch w/c was delicious ( enchanted garden). On to our rooms, very nice bed was amazing the room bigger than my old room as a child then More blur, that's what happens when you wait to write your review, then toured the ship. Skip to dinner at AP, amazing met are table mates a family like us parents and child, think they plan this on purpose. Thanks disney girls instant friends. Just the attention to details like this makes disney great.

Watched the shows each night, all broadway production like or what you would find at Disneyworld. Went to palo for dinner n brunch really amazing yummy food. Doing that again on this next one. Food at the other restaurant were good also, royal palace n EG, AP, even buffet was better than expected some offerings very good. I'm picky with certain things but overall food served while on the cruise was great, a+ from us. Food Service was great, not perfect at times but no complaints. Room steward was amazing extra tip for everyone sums it up. Our girl loved the kids club, did not want to leave. Pools are very small, toodler pool and the other pool over crowded most times. Adult only pool too small also. I think this area they need to improve on, that's my only complain is to have bigger pools .

We did the tourist shops at Nassau, maybe next time Atlantis. Castaway by far is best of the ports coz of the beach comparing this to our other beach vacations. I could stay there forever. Disembarkation was smooth as everyone has attested to. An amazing cruise, Disney has spoiled us. We are now hooked on cruising, now we re just afraid to try a diff cruise line. Any suggestions?? Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream 5524

5524, can't remember our cat but we got upgraded 1 or 2 cat and got a 1/2 veranda/ balcony. I looked at the reviews on this room before our trip and some said it was noisy, we did not have that problem. I'd take this room again. Just a warning, your neighbor on the right will be able to see you on the bacony and a little bit in the room if they lean over did not have any problems thought I'd just put it out there.

Best port ever. Loved the beach, sugary sand, just perfect.

Just visited the shops, just like any other tourist trap

Read 2644 Nassau Reviews