Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Beaches904: A Huge Disappointment (Although Not Surprised)

Beaches904
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Bahamas Cruises

A Huge Disappointment (Although Not Surprised)

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Galveston

My family has gone on a annual cruise for the past 7 years and we gather from all parts of the country. This is my 4th Carnival cruise since the Elation in 2005 (a fantastic experience!) and it has consistently gone downhill. At first, I thought the inadequate quality was a one-time thing, but it has gotten worse every time. If it wasn't for my family insisting on staying with Carnival, this would be my last Carnival cruise.

The embarkation process in Galveston needs to be updated. I've emabarked at various ports around the country & Galveston is, by far, the worst. Parking is an inconvenience and the walk in the heat is quite lengthy.

We looked forward to our first dinner in the dining room & it was literally freezing. We tried to cover our arms with the tablecloth & napkins. Food was served 1 hr.10 min.after ordering & got cold very quickly due to the frigid temperature in the dining room. Disappointment prevailed! The wait staff was not one bit More friendly & failed to address us by name throughout the length of the cruise. I've been on several cruises whereby the staff was attentive and entertaining! It seemed staff was cut on this cruise & they couldn't keep up with the amount of people on board.

The "family-friendly" comics were not!  People left during the presentation. However, we ENJOYED the comic/juggler IMMENSELY!

The 24-hr.freshly-made pizza & the Ocean Plaza grill were delicious. However, the buffet had little variety, steak was tough, although salads were fresh & delicious.

My niece is 9 & attended Camp Carnival & was disappointed with the lack of diversified activities & the repetetive build-a-bear scheduling.

Our cabin steward was outstanding!

Carnival, please improve service and quality. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>