Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by GR64: Summit 6/30 - 7/7/13

Summit 6/30 - 7/7/13

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Other

We sailed with 11 family members to celebrate the lives of my parents and scatter their ashes at sea (they met in the late 50s on the Queen of Bermuda, my father was a purser and my mom a cruiser)

The Summit was perfect size ship for us, easy embarking and disembarking. We had a taxi take us from Newark Airport on the way there and a charter van on the way back.

Great entertainment - the illusionist Jason Bishop was incredible and we really liked the pianist Jordan Peterson - saw him several times at Cafe al Bacio. My husband spoke with him and he is under contract with Celebrity until Sept.

I really liked the mix of ages of the passengers, there were several large multi generational family groups like ours. I would not consider the ship completely kid friendly, rather that they deal with the kids the best they can during the Bermuda season. Our balcony cabin on deck 7 was a good size for three of us and our steward, Bernard was excellent, very attentive. More

The food was good, though at dinner I usually preferred the appetizers and salads over most of the entrees. Our wine steward was terrible but I think he was over-extended.

The staff is very young. We loved Steve the cruise Director, met the captain and Jay the environmental Director was present for my parents burial at sea. The process for that our travel agent contacted Celebrity ahead of time, we got authorization letter, brought it to the events planner who set up our preferred time - Tuesday evening as we were close to Bermuda and the water was gorgeous.

The three kids in our group (age 13, 11 and 10) enjoyed the Fun Factory but were disappointed that they could only swim in one of the pools.

The weather was fantastic, though hot in Bermuda. We did the dolphin encounter excursion and though pricey was worth it. We got a two day transit pass and took one of the dedicated Pink buses to Horseshoe Bay Beach as well as bus and ferry rides to Hamilton, St. George, etc.

About the dress code - it was less formal than I expected, maybe because of all the families. On formal night, the men could get away with a button down shirt and either a tie or jacket. On smart casual nights the women could get away with slacks and a casual top and solid white sneakers - that annoyed my BIL and nephew, who didn't want to wear pants every night so they blew us off one night for the buffet.

All and all a nice time. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>