MSC Divina Cruise Review by katie035: Divina - Great Ship but thats all

Divina - Great Ship but thats all

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

We are experienced cruisers having cruised with Disney, NCL and Royal and completed 10 previous cruises both in Europe and the USA. However first with MSC.

Divina is a beautiful ship with lots of glamour however lacks entertainment very little to do in terms of daytime activities apart from quiz at pool in five languages. I was disappointed with the cleanliness of my stateroom. I am not fussy but dust an inch deep on lamps etc is not was I have come to expect from cruise lines.

We had the all inclusive drinks package which was a god send as the prices where higher than on previous ships and no soda cards available of the kids. Through choice we did not eat in the assigned Villa Rosa for dinner but stayed in buffet. Did have lunch in Villa Rosa and it was lovely however buffet was a nightmare no silver ware and when staff approached told to eat with my fingers. Food selection was very similar every night and although it was our choice to eat here I felt that other More lines have a bigger variety of buffet items.

I am diabetic and was unable to get sweetner for tea, every drink appeared to have sugar in it and no sugar free or fat free desserts available.

Overall I was dissappointed I felt the staff were unhappy and asked a crew member about the service charge and did they get a proportion of it and was told no. If anyone knows if this is the case can they please post. I was upset by this as I always pay the service charge believing that this goes to all the staff on board.

Ports were good however felt that not enough time was allocated in Istanbul could do with a longer stop here. MSC is certainly not on my list of great cruise lines however I would sail again if the price was right and the ports good but for now Ill stick with NCL or Royal Less

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Divina Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Divina 9050

Ok balcony cabin near lifts but not very clean