Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by kaysha2004

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by kaysha2004
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: kaysha2004
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Seward
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Don't Take the First Cruise Of The Season To Alaska On Celebrity

I will never take the first cruise of the season again (no matter how good the price is) because it is the last cruise for the crew before their contract is up and they were tired. I know this because the crew constantly complained of this. The Millineum was coming from a 3-week cruise from China and they brought with them the noravirus, which caused every imaginable problem for my cruise before I even boarded. The boarding process was delayed and was a nightmare. When I got to my room, despite being booked in Concierge Class, my luggage was not there and my room was filthy and there were none of the amenity extras you pay for. There were nothing in the room...and I mean no soap, no towels, no glasses. Nothing to freshen up. There were toenail clippings on the carpet and the bedding had hair in it. I was afraid to sit down.

Many of the extravagant menu items that you enjoy on a cruise were not available from day one because they excluded them from the menu. I only found out about the noravirus epidemic through other passengers. The crew would not disclose this information to the passengers and did not explain why the new passengers were treated like they were carrying the plague. The drinks in the buffet line were no longer self serve, so the crew had to fill your drinks for you. I don't mind this, but they didn't staff it with enough crew, so you had to wait 5 minutes to get a simple glass of water. By then, your meal is getting cold and the frustration level rises.

My room was never fully stocked with everything, and every day I had to keep asking for the minimums. I never received all the extras I paid for for Concierge Class. This was my first Alaska cruise, first time with Concierge Class, and I am very, very disappointed.

I tried the Qsine restaurant and was very disappointed. The temperature of the restaurant was utterly freezing, and the staff knew it, because they were handing out blankets to the diners. Unacceptable dining experience! The food was good and unique but not fantastic. The service was slow and not well-paced. I would not recommend this restaurant for the extra fee.

Our final destination was Vancouver. I booked an post-cruise through Celebrity to see the city of Vancouver before my flight later in the afternoon. The motor coach was an hour late, and left 60 people stranded in the airport terminal with no communication from Celebrity about what was happening. There was no concern or care from Celebrity staff to keep the passengers informed. When the bus got there, there was too much luggage for the bus to carry, so some of the passengers had to separate from their luggage so that Celebrity could send it ahead to the airport. My concern was my ability to make my international flight back to the U.S. and still have time to do this post-cruise excursion. They assured me, "no problem, you'll make your flight." Needless to say, I couldn't really enjoy the bus tour while looking at my watch every 10 minutes. They lied about the timeliness of the tour. I barely made my flight with only 15 minutes to spare before boarding the plane.

I am a single cruise passenger and, thus, have to pay double to cruise. This is a nasty penalty that I shouldn't have to pay because I travel solo.

I will never travel on the Millenium again.

Publication Date: 07/15/13