Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by sweetcupcakegrl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by sweetcupcakegrl
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: sweetcupcakegrl
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 8J
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

MIRACLE NEEDS A MIRACLE TO SURVIVE!!!

We thought by the way our friends said that the carnival miracle was very good to take. The price did warrant me from going the price was just too high 2400.00 pp with two nights at a local hotel and airfare round trip from Florida. Our agent says that this is the right price to pay> But how was I supposed to know that he overcharged us a lot. After we were forced to pay the balance of our cruise on Jan 4th. Jan 10th Carnival decided to lower their prices of the cruises to 60% and we lost out on this.

I used to like Carnival but now they are lacking food, taste, amount and entertainment. Food was cut down on portion size... rushed out by 7 pm to the late rush of 8 pm seating. The desserts were not abundant like years ago... No Midnight Buffet and No food besides Pizza after 11 pm... No room service after 10 pm... and I was CHARGED FOR ROOM SERVICE 2 TIMES FOR BREAKFAST? what a crock that was.. why is that?

The Comedy was the best. The lack of entertainment and lack of happy workers. The drinks were too expensive... 1 glass of a Virgin drink No alcohol was $5.50 for that price I would have spent 2.00 bucks more for a drink with a buzz.

The open pool are which was supposed to be for adults the children took over and no one said to this to leave. Its the adult pool and it was enclosed for a warmer spot.

The floors were not cleaned and sanitized like they used to do years ago.. the floors were wet all the time.. The Pizza bar that was open all night those men, need to wash their hands after serving pizza and making new ones for others... they touched their faces and then make the pizza that is totally disgusting..

Also the only thing positive was Stanley he got me 4 green apples.. I was sea sick for 3 days... DWI was the Best Wait staff in dining room.

While I was on board, after we put in our luggage to rest. I placed a pair of new pants in the closet and in my purse I left out in a envelope zipped into my purse. I went to dinner. That evening... my room steward was cleaning my room. We found the room clean. In MY HEART I KNOW THAT WENDELL DID NOT DO THIS.... I feel in my heart someone came into my room and stole 100.00 from me, and also took my Lane Bryant slacks brand new Ocean Sea Blue slack with tags on them and walked out. I did make a report on this, but you see Carnival makes you out to be the guilty party not them. Like they are not responsible for the pants. I made a report to them... they made me very upset. They made me take sworn statements and said its under investigation. I wonder how many other people this happened to? I told my travel agent who was also on board and he felt apologetic towards us, but that does not mean it never happened. I am out of a pair of $55.00 jeans and also money. They said that I had the money that they accused me of lying to them. That is totally nuts.

Overall, I had to make my own good time.. The tours on this ship was not worth it, too expensive... 39.00 to see a city tour of Victoria BC... Every where you went there was the need to tip... I am tipped out... The tour that We took in Skagawy Alaska was the best Train with James Coleman. He was the best guide. he knew his stuff... nice man too.

Well, we are home now... I do not think I will ever go back to Carnival Again. I had my 5 ships with them. they are lacking adventure, food all taste the same... nothing was really good.. except their table waiters.. DWI and Talfors was good no one else... Lack of things to do, and no one seemed to care... What can I say... Need I say more?

Out come from Corporate is that I am NOT Getting my money for the loss or the pants because our agent did not have insurance for us, or I did not want to pay 250.00 more for insurance.. so I guess I will not get my 55.00 pair of pants back... I think I will only go back to RCCL where I know I was treated with respect, kindness and honesty...

Sorry Carnival, you made me feel terrible like it was My Fault that the loss of goods in my stateroom, but it could have been a stranger who went in there and taken my products.

I never once accused Wendell... he was a nice steward. I gave him an extra 20.00 for keeping my room clean.

No more carnival... you lost my business and others on here as well....

Publication Date: 07/15/13
Read the Alaska ports review by sweetcupcakegrl
More Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews