Grand Princess Cruise Review by SummerTraveler: 4th Time Sailing to Alaska

4th Time Sailing to Alaska

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: San Francisco

Sailing from San Francisco is so convenient for SF-Bay Area residents. We took the ferry from Vallejo to Pier 41 in San Francisco and made the short walk to Pier 35 to embark on the Grand Princess. Porters immediately available to take our luggage and we entered the building to check in. This was the first time I had to show the bottle of wine I was bringing aboard and give them my cabin number.

After a short wait in the waiting room, we were able to board and go to our cabin to drop off luggage before going to lunch. My cabin was AFT just beyond the elevator and stairs. Very convenient location to the launderette on decks 9 and 11, MDR on deck 6. I didn't feel a lot of rocking during rough weather.

Hector Bernal was our cabin steward. He did an excellent job!

Food was good. Coffee was bad. Service was excellent.

I wish we had more time in Victoria. Shops didn't open until 10 am and we had to be onboard at 1:30 pm. We took the local bus #30 OR #31 More from/to the ship to downtown. $2.50 CDN one way or $5.00 CDN daypass. You cannot get daypass on the bus. Must be purchases at one of their local authorized stores like 7-11.

We also took the local bus "Blue Line" ($2.00 daypass)in Ketchikan to Totem Bight Park. It stopped at the local WALMART along the way to the park.

Good trip on the GRAND PRINCESS. Less

Published 07/15/13

Read more Grand Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grand Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Grand Princess Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: BDC641 Balcony

C641 near crews storage area. Larger balcony than those on decks 9,11,12. Half of balcony covered. People on balconies above could look down on us and we could look down on those below us.We could hear gears grinding as they were lowering the lifeboats used for tendering.

Read All Balcony (BD) Reviews >>
SummerTraveler
Member Since 2011
47 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X