Norwegian Star Cruise Review by doris day

Member Name: doris day
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

NORWEGIAN STAR BALTIC CRUISE

We flew out to Copenhagen and stayed in a lovely city centre hotel just near Tivoli Gardens. We decided to go into the gardens during the evening, they were very pretty and we were glad we did it. There was an excellent atmosphere in there and plenty to see and do. We got a bus to the port and had a ten minute walk to the ship. Boarding was easy and after putting our bags in the cabin we went up to the buffet. We were not impressed at all. It was noisy and there were children running around everywhere. We got something to eat and it felt similar to being in a factory canteen. It is a horrible place with cheap furniture and the food was very samey. That evening we ate in the Aqua restaurant. I chose the grilled chicken and when it was presented to me it was covered in gravy. Despite the gravy (which wasn't mentioned on the menu and should be served separately) I tried to cut the chicken. It was hard and leathery. I informed the waitress and it was changed right away. Two nights later we ordered leg of lamb and this turned out to be tinned lamb ugh!! To be fair, our food seemed to improve as the cruise went on. On many nights we had to wait before we could go and eat as there were people queuing at the same time. This was a nuisance as it made us late for the shows.

The destinations we visited were fantastic and we enjoyed every one of them. The ship was good at getting the people ashore and the information sheets giving info about the ports of call were really helpful.

When we first got into the cabin, I looked around to make sure it was clean. I was astounded to find several toenail clippings on the carpet at my side of the bed! These clippings remained there for the whole 9 days!

I will finish on a huge positive and that is the theatre productions which were superb. Also credit goes to the cruise staff for organising many enjoyable tournaments, trivias etc.

Publication Date: 07/15/13