Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Susan Haga

Member Name: Susan Haga
Cruise Date: October 2006
Embarkation: Norfolk
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Victory - Bahamas
I boarded the Carnival Victory with a group of 9 others, all of us family, several of them had been on "victory" previously, and I had heard what a phenomenal ship it was. We had bought our tickets a year in advance. Embarkation was smooth and our stateroom personnel all you could ask for, along with our service in the main dining room.The rest of the crew and personnel were either tired, or bored, or both. Our "Bon Voyage" party was lame both times they attempted it, with the 2nd attempt worse than the first because the speakers had a short in them. So much for "fun cruise". The food in the buffet lines was cold, and often the line was held up, by "running out" of things and having to wait while they were re-cooked, and re-stocked. One of the crew members was totally obnoxious as my sister in law was in line for a deli sandwich(in a cute halter type dress), when the crew member looked down at her breasts and told her "what nice eyebrows she had"! The second time a crew member was coming down the hallway on the room floor, and as he got closer my sis in law moved in behind me to allow room for passage. He never moved, but shouldered past her so quickly he nearly knocked her down. He never even said excuse me. "Victory" also appeared to be dirty, and in need of repair. I was hugely disappointed with the way the cruise director handled "his" responsibility to his customers. If I were to rate the cruise as a whole....half a star.

Publication Date: 10/26/06