Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by odiesam: Charmed By the Majesty!

odiesam
Member Since 2003

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Charmed By the Majesty!

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bahamas

Chose the 3 day Majesty for the 4th of July weekend as a quick extra vacation. Spent 2 nights pre-cruise; first night at the Renaissance Eden Roc (disaster) then switching to the Four Seasons (PERFECT).

Cabbed over to port at noon and was on the ship within 20 minutes. Even though the ship was sold out, the Windjammer wasn't that packed. I found that to be true the entire 3 days as maybe the layout is better than those on the larger ships. I was concerned about the age of this ship especially coming from the Four Seasons where the bathroom was probably going to be larger than our inside cabin on the Majesty. We had inside cabin 7001 and it was SMALL! But it wasn't that bad. It was located at the end of the hall, thus a quiet location. My husband is 6'5 and he was able to shower and we were both able to move about the small cabin. Our cabin steward Edy was great.

We found the ship to be updated and in good condition. No it doesn't have the extras that the bigger ships More have but I think that cut down on the # of children which was fine since we are a couple in our early 50s. We did My Time Dining and had made our reservations before sailing and had a great table by the window. Service was a little slow the first night but fine after that - I think the staff just needs to learn your dining style and they adapt. Food was excellent.

We watched the comedian and found him to be pretty funny. We liked spending time in the Viking Crown lounge and the casino. Casino dealers and staff were friendly and helpful. We found the flow of the ship to be nice as it just never seemed that crowded.

First stop was Coco Cay, our first time there. It is very nice, several beaches to choose from, many chairs available, great barbecue lunch. Second stop was Nassau - just popped over to walk around Atlantis and back to walk through the straw market.

We disembarked with our own luggage and was at the airport by 8:30 am. Great trip, great ship. Surprised myself that I was so charmed by this 21 year old ship especially staying in an inside cabin.

I am not sure I would recommend this ship for a family with children but great for couples! Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 5 7001

The cabin was quiet located at the end of the hallway but very small. Being on the 7th floor it was easy to use the stairs to get anywhere you wanted to go.

Delightful private island. Was a short tender ride. Several beaches to choose from. We chose to lay at Barefoot Beach. Beautiful aqua water - plentiful lounge chairs on the beach and in shaded areas. Nice barbecue lunch.

Read 231 CocoCay Reviews

We have been here many times having spent a land vacation here several years ago at Atlantis. We cabbed over to Atlantis just to walk around and admire the yachts and get coffee. Ferried back to downtown and shopped in the straw market. If you have children and haven't done the waterpark at Atlantis - I would highly recommend it.

Read 2629 Nassau Reviews