Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by odiesam

Cabin Category: K
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Charmed By the Majesty!

Chose the 3 day Majesty for the 4th of July weekend as a quick extra vacation. Spent 2 nights pre-cruise; first night at the Renaissance Eden Roc (disaster) then switching to the Four Seasons (PERFECT).

Cabbed over to port at noon and was on the ship within 20 minutes. Even though the ship was sold out, the Windjammer wasn't that packed. I found that to be true the entire 3 days as maybe the layout is better than those on the larger ships. I was concerned about the age of this ship especially coming from the Four Seasons where the bathroom was probably going to be larger than our inside cabin on the Majesty. We had inside cabin 7001 and it was SMALL! But it wasn't that bad. It was located at the end of the hall, thus a quiet location. My husband is 6'5 and he was able to shower and we were both able to move about the small cabin. Our cabin steward Edy was great.

We found the ship to be updated and in good condition. No it doesn't have the extras that the bigger ships have but I think that cut down on the # of children which was fine since we are a couple in our early 50s. We did My Time Dining and had made our reservations before sailing and had a great table by the window. Service was a little slow the first night but fine after that - I think the staff just needs to learn your dining style and they adapt. Food was excellent.

We watched the comedian and found him to be pretty funny. We liked spending time in the Viking Crown lounge and the casino. Casino dealers and staff were friendly and helpful. We found the flow of the ship to be nice as it just never seemed that crowded.

First stop was Coco Cay, our first time there. It is very nice, several beaches to choose from, many chairs available, great barbecue lunch. Second stop was Nassau - just popped over to walk around Atlantis and back to walk through the straw market.

We disembarked with our own luggage and was at the airport by 8:30 am. Great trip, great ship. Surprised myself that I was so charmed by this 21 year old ship especially staying in an inside cabin.

I am not sure I would recommend this ship for a family with children but great for couples!

Publication Date: 07/14/13
Read the Bahamas ports review by odiesam
More Majesty of the Seas Cruise Reviews