Thomson Dream Cruise Review by john camp: never a platium

never a platium

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

We boarded the Dream on the 8th June all the check procedures went well we were Shown to our Cabin which was on deck 6.The cabin was clean and comfortable we had a bath with overhead shower which was good there was always hot water day and night.

Day at sea was good if you got up early to get a sunbed. There were not enough beds for all the passengers onboard.

There was Norovirus on Board we feel there should have been more information on this, instead we were left guessing why the pools,Jacuzzi,Library and the Gym

were closed it was only when we went to get lunch we saw the signs in the restaurant.

There was assisted buffet service in the Lido and in the Sirens restaurants from day 1 to the last day of the cruise this was due to the Norovirus onboard or was it to control the portion sizes?

The food in these restaurants was below the normal Thomson standards we believe there have been cutbacks made as the choice of food is nowhere near as More good as we have had on Thomson Cruises before.

The dining room waiter service was ok but again the food was not as good.

On previous Thomson Cruises, we have had steaks on the menu, Now if you want a steak you have to pay £9.95 or go to the Grill and pay £19.95 for a 5 course meal.

The all inclusive drinks have also suffered cutbacks. I asked for a soft drink and received a half a can when I asked if I could have a large soft drink the answer was a sharp no. Yet you can have a pint of lager.One waitress Jenelyn was extremely rude to me when I asked her for 2 soft drinks in one glass as I walk with the aid of a crutch and it was easier for me to carry (I gave her 2 cards)

she glared at me then crushed the empty can showing she had put the full can in

the glass. You would have thought I was asking for something really expensive and not just a can of cola.On previous Thomson Cruises a full can was given per

person.This has only changed in the last year.

Entertainment was acceptable the show team did their best singing and dancing although there were a few wrong notes now and again.

We received a cruise news one evening and if you wanted a good seat in the Broadway show lounge you had to pay £10 for the privilege you also received a glass of bubbly for your money. I have been on numerous Thomson ships and this is the first time I have come across this.

It seems Thomson are now having many cutbacks in all aspects of their cruises and if this is how they intend go then they will lose custom Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream 6124

cabin was on deck 6 number 6124 was clean,comfortable, bathroom could have been bit bigger as when you sat on toilet your knees were on bath,TV was flat screen but was not worth watching as programs were repeated each day.at night hallway was very noisy with other passenger shouting to each other.