Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by cat2crazy

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by cat2crazy
Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: cat2crazy
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
Dining 5+

Large Boat limited space

This wasn't my first time sailing on NCL so I was surprisingly disappointed with The Breakaway. When we arrived at the terminal, the embarkation took over an hour to get aboard. Once we arrived at our balcony room, I was very disappointed with the space of the room as it was much smaller than most of the balcony rooms that we stayed in on previous cruises. The balcony itself was much smaller too. The closet was situated in a very difficult place to reach. It was either between the couch or right smack against the bed. Every time I went into the closet it was difficult to find anything. When we went to the pool, which there is only 2 pools for 4,600 people and the chair situation is even worse. My daughter had to get up at 6:00 a.m. every day to save chairs. By 8:00 every chair was taken. There are very limited lounge chairs in the sun on the main deck where the pools are due to the fact that the water slides take up most of the area so we had to go to the second level every day. The bathrooms by the pool were filthy by 11:00 a.m. due to the fact that there were so many people using them and they didn't have enough maintenance of them going on.

Room service was extremely slow. I called at 7:00 a.m. to get a pot of coffee and was informed that it would take 1/2 hour, well we waited 1 hour and never received it so decided to go get it myself and that's what we did every morning. The bars and the clubs didn't have enough seats when after dinner we wanted somewhere to sit with my family and it was virtually impossible to find enough seats. That's never happened before on any other NCL cruise. I will say that I absolutely loved all the specialty restaurants that we tried except for the sushi place and we didn't try the Italian because I heard that wasn't good from previous reports. I thoroughly love sailing NCL but will reconsider going on this boat unless we stay in the Haven Suites because there definitely isn't enough room for everyone on this ship.

Publication Date: 07/14/13