Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Dfbrown

Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 4D
See More About: Carnival Triumph Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Triumph Returned - and it was AWESOME !!!!!!!!

I was on the first cruise back on the Carnival Triumph ship. It was, by far, one of the funnest trips that I have been on. The workers were awesome, the rooms were very clean, and the entire experience was very impressive. I was very skeptical and worried about being the first ones on this ship- but it was outstanding.

The food was wonderful, the drinks were good, and the amount of activities that were made available were good too! The nighttime dining was superb, and we had the BEST waiter! He took time out getting to know us and by our last night, we were sad to have to leave him.

The addition of Guy Fieri's Burger Joint was amazing! I had a burger for atleast 1 meal each day. I also was a huge fan of the pizza parlor. Those pizzas were fresh and so convenient to snack on during the trip. Another big hit was the taco bar!!!

Since this is a family cruise line, there were tons of little kids and teens running around the ship, but that was expected. They pretty much stayed out of the way and were fairly well-behaved.

The fitness room was also up-to-par and I was able to work out each morning before starting my day.

We chose to go to Chakaanab as our shore excursion. The price was a little high ($79 I think) but it was pretty much worth the money. The beach and other attractions there were awesome, however I just wish we could have stayed for a couple more hours. Next time we might just pick up a cab and go to the beach by ourselves.

I would encourage EVERYONE to try and get a balcony room- especially if you are closterphobic (sp?)- this is the one thing I would change about the experience.

This was a great 4-day trip, and make sure you get to the dock early enough to check-in and settle early enough to enjoy the first day. We did that and it felt like we extended the trip by a few days!

Thanks