Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by aj17

Member Name: aj17
Cruise Date: July 2013
Cabin Category: D8

Alluring

My boyfriend and I (both 26 years old) were originally booked on the Grandeur of the Seas headed to Bermuda but due to the fires a month earlier we were forced to reschedule. We actually found out our cruise was cancelled through a TV news outlet. No email or anything from Royal. We reached out to our travel agent and after countless HOURS on the phone with both the agent and RC we were finally able to rebook our cruise headed to the Western Caribbean on the Allure of the Seas. While I felt we could have been better compensated for our time and trouble, we could not have been luckier to land on the Allure. It was a dream boat all the way from our incredible and modern deck 8 ocean balcony room to the food, entertainment and staff.

Drinks-

The Positive- The premium unlimited drink package. The Pina Colada's and mango mojitos flowed ALL week long and the drinks were strong. Everywhere you look there is a bar, so there was no inconvenience there. The only downside was constantly giving your Seapass to the walking bartenders and having to sign multiple papers when they were able to track you down. Special rgards to Chester and also Adrianne in the upper suite bar. He taught us some special tricks and was very attentive.

Food-

I don't understand the complaints about the Windjammer. The line was long at peak times but it moved SO fast that it was not an inconvenience at all! Breakfast in the Windjammer was honestly so delicious and with the exact right amount of choices.

Every evening we ate in the Main Dining room except for one night when we did Ritas Cantina. The main dining room food was fantastic except for one terrible piece of Cod. Everything else was fantastic and we LOVED the bar waitress in the MDR named Josephine. She was so great.

The pizza in the promenade was great. Brad had a good 50 slices over the course of a week.

Shows-

Chicago was impressive. It is not the full show so mostly you can expect musical numbers and a brief outline but it was top quality. We were able to spend a little time in Jamaica with a few cast members and they were as great off-stage as on.

Comedy shows- Hilarious. Sit in the front if you don't mind being picked on.

Oceanaria....A MUST. Period.

Headliner- An incredible impressionist and comedian. See this show.

Activities-

The quest. My boyfriend and I were selected as the leaders for group 6 and while we made the BIGGEST fools of ourselves, this activity is a DO NOT MISS.

Love and Marriage game show had me in tears and the auditions are just as hilarious.

The only things that irked us were the kids and teens in the Solarium and adult activities. Seemed like they were everywhere!

Ports-

Labadee has lots of rocks. I liked it but I think I like CoCocay better. Watch out for that Labaduzee drink. It's yummy.

Falmouth is a strange port. You don't get off the boat to a beach and if you don't schedule an excursion you will either be bored at port all day or go off into the danger lands and risk your lives (which is what we did). We ended up leaving the gates to find a cab driver who took us to climb the Dunn River Falls (DO THIS... but don't use a guide as it is much more scary/fun/adventurous). He then took us to a locals beach and then to eat authentic jerk chicken which was delicious! Be wary if you leave the gate and take caution. I was very on edge the whole time we were in Jamaica.

Cozumel- We went para-sailing, rented a moped which we drove around the entire Island and saw the Mayan Ruins. Locals may not be upfront with you about the exchange rate so be knowledgeable on this and for Lords sake, WATCH OUT FOR THE SEA URCHINS. I have three prongs in my foot that can't be removed and they HURT!

Advice- get a pool chair early on sailing days. The pools become WAY over capacity and chairs were HARD to come by all week. Also... someone tell people to keep the diapered babies out of the pool... YUCK!

OVERALL AN INCREDIBLE WEEK! Thanks Royal Caribbean!

Publication Date: 07/15/13