Golden Princess Cruise Review by 9ofus: Alaska

Overall Member Rating

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Our Alaska experience was great and I would recommend it to all who have thought about it but always seem to put it off until next year. We started in Seattle and spent two extra days site seeing before getting on the ship. That was a fun trip by itself. Once in Alaska, we witnessed the beauty of the wilderness and we enjoyed all of the ports. We stopped in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Victoria, Canada. We enjoyed all of the ports even when we got rained on. You have to be flexible because the weather can change rapidly (good and bad).

Our ship was the Golden Princess, I would only give them a B-, but we still had a great time. When we came on board, our room was still dirty from the last cruise. The quickly fixed it, but they should not put you in a room before its ready. I thought the nightly shows were more like a local lounge show. The shows get a D, we walked out of one or two of them. We have cruised before and the shows were all much better, except for the comedian More "Sarge" (very funny and talented). The piano bar was even disappointing, unless you needed a nap. The service and the food was pretty good. The exercise area was good, this was very important to us. They try to upgrade or sell you more services than they should, but this seemed pretty standard also. Again, we had a great time and I would recommend an Alaska Cruise to everyone. Less

Published 07/14/13

Helpful? Thank 9ofus

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Golden Princess Alaska Cruises

Cabin review:

The mini suite we stayed in was nice once they cleaned it up. They put us in the room with a dirty tub and dirty sheets (Stained). It had a lot of room and the bathroom had a tub. I gave it a "3" because it was pretty dirty when we arrived. We were mid ship and near the elevators. The noise was not bad and the balcony is the only way to go.

Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X