Tere Moana Cruise Review by pcummings: Superb Trip on Tere Moana

Superb Trip on Tere Moana

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Athens (Piraeus)

On the occasion of my mother’s 80th birthday, my mother, sister and I recently sailed from Athens to Rome on the Tere Moana. I am writing to express our deep gratitude for a truly unforgettable experience. From the beauty and ambience of the ship itself to the delightful, attentive staff and incredible cuisine, I have nothing but positive things to say.

For starters, I can’t say enough about the Tere Moana staff. It should be noted that we arrived a day late and with no luggage due to an airline mishap. The welcome we received from everyone was generous and sincere. To a person, staff members were concerned and exceedingly helpful and we soon relaxed into their competent care. Most of them quickly learned our names and inquired regularly about our “situation.” Julie and Charlene at the reception desk were lovely people, responsive to our needs and always following up to make sure we were taken care of. Manuel, the concierge, did a wonderful job with More evening entertainment and Nelson, the hotel manager, kept us laughing (while diligently working behind the scenes to find our luggage). Our piano player and vocalist, Alex, was versatile and talented. The evening that we were entertained by the staff was particularly memorable; some of their renditions of popular songs literally brought tears to our eyes! Because of this friendly, engaging and attentive service, we looked forward to returning to the ship every evening after a day of exploring these incredible places. As a testament to the efforts of this warm and hardworking staff, my mother felt completely comfortable moving around the ship on her own…socializing, dancing, getting a massage, and even being the first one up for karaoke! A memorable 80th birthday, indeed!

As for the food, it was amazing. The choices were abundant and the tastes consistently delicious. Every day brought new culinary surprises! Superb presentation compelled me to snap picture after picture to share with friends and family back home.

I am already planning my next trip on the Tere Moana. She did not disappoint! Less

Read more Tere Moana cruise reviews >>