Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by oniemommy

10-12 5.0
        13-15 5.0
Value-for-Money 5+

Great vacation

After reading several reviews, I was extremely nervous about the time I would spend on the Carnival Breeze. No need to worry! My family and the rest of our group agree that this was one of the best vacations we have had. 6 families with children ranging from 7-20 were in our group. My family had 2 interior rooms on deck 7. My husband and I were in room 7308 with my 20 yr old daughter and 14 yr old son next door in room 7306. We did not complete the kids camp registration because we wanted to see if they would allow my son to move to the next age group, club O2 since he is a sophomore in high school. They moved him with no problem. He and the two teens in our group had the time of their lives. They made a lot of friends and participated in many of the activities the camps offered. They were given a curfew and a list of rules from the adults in our group and had no problem following them. Although there were a lot of children onboard, we did not encounter any unruly behavior. We had two 7 year olds and a 12 yr old in our group who enjoyed the carnival kids camps as well. The 7 yr olds asked to go often and did not want to leave.

The waterworks area was a blast. Adults and children alike enjoyed this area. We also enjoyed mini golf, the ropes course and the thrill theatre. I enjoyed the Motown and Diva shows in the Ovation theatre as well as the deck parties and the Seaside theatre. We saw one comedy show which was nice but very crowded. Carnival needs to consider moving this to the Ovation theatre as it was standing room only for every show.

The dining onboard the Breeze was amazing and the food was always served hot and without much of a wait. We had early seating in the Blush Dining Room. Our dining staff was amazing. They remembered the kids by name and knew my nephew wanted hot chocolate every night. Three couples had date night at the Steakhouse on day 2 and thoroughly enjoyed it. We ate at the Italian restaurant for lunch but not dinner. We usually had breakfast at the Lido buffet but did eat at the Comedy Brunch in the dining room once. Very nice! Everyone loved Guys Burgers and my sister raved about the Blue Iguana Cantina. We also tried Bonsai Sushi and the Redfrog Pub and enjoyed it. There were lines at the buffet occasionally but nothing to ruin your vacation.

We had bad weather when we docked at Key West and did not get off the ship until after 2PM when the rain subsided.They showed a first run movie in the Ovation theater because of this and it was a nice treat. Grand Turk had a nice beach and Margaritaville was a lot of fun. We did the Atlantis excursion in Nassau and managed to meet two NBA players from the Chicago Bulls. We all had a blast on the water rides until I managed to get injured on the Not so Lazy River. I didn't let it spoil my fun, just spent the rest of the time on the Cove beach which was beautiful.

Overall, it was a wonderful vacation that ended too soon. The ship is beautiful with tons to do. Great staff especially Galyna our room steward and our wait staff, Jerson and Vladimir. I cannot wait for the next cruise, possibly on the 8 day aboard the Carnival Breeze again.

Publication Date: 07/14/13