Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by sandiroute21: Allure is definitely a wow

sandiroute21
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Allure is definitely a wow

Sail Date: June 2013

We drove from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale the night before and stayed at the Crown Plaza near the port. It was a very nice hotel. The next morning we avoided the cattle jam and called a taxi which arrived within 1 minute. Arrived at the port at 11:00 and within 10 minutes were walking down the promenade deck. This ship is gorgeous and my grandson was wowing as soon as he walked on. We immediately went up to central park and had lunch at the park cafe. Yes, their roast beef sandwiches were to die for. Right after lunch we proceded to the carousel which my grandson was looking forward to riding it a billion times. He managed to ride it about 40 times. (close enough) We then registered him at the kid's club whcih we were pretty hesitant about because on his previous cruises on Carnival and Disney, he did not like it and wouldn't go back after the first time. Well, needless to say he loved it and wanted to go everyday. He fell in love with Salsa, one of the crew members that worked there More and she made him feel welcome everytime she saw him. We then went to our cabin which was very comfortable for the three of us. We unpacked and went to the muster drill was was well done and very informative. The ship never felt crowded even thought there were 1400 children on board.

Dining: We only had dinner one night in the dining room which was on formal night. The service was excellent. The food very good and yes, FINALLY, escargots were back. Yes, I ordered 2 of them. We had dinner the rest of the nights at the specialty restaurants. Chops, very good, my daughter's favorite. Samba grill, awesome, my favorite. Giovannis was OK, Rita's fiesta was fun and food was pretty good. Izumu was great. Central 150 was to die for and was worth every penny. Natalia, our server was the best. She was so nice and friendly and was very knowledgable about everything she served us. For breakfast we ate at Johnny rockets once, the park cafe 3 times, which was very good. They had a bagel bar, egg sandwiches, yogurts and so much more. We ate in the dining room twice for breakfast which was very good and we had room service for breakfast once which was ok. For lunch we ate at Rita's once, very good, the dog house, excellent, the windjammer once, pretty good.

Shows: Comedy show- could not stop laughing. One of the comedians, Gry Delena was hysterical. Oceanaria- fantastic what great talent! Ice show, fantastic, also great talent there. Chicago, excellent but a little too long. That was my daughter's favorite but it was just a little boring for me towards the end. Blue Planet, amazing, probably my favorite. Didn't go the the headliner show. We loved the parade with the dreamworks characters. Loved the zipline. The service on this ship was very warm and friendly. The only thing that I was dissapointed about was on Boardwalk they sell popcorn and cotton candy for 2.50 which I thought to be way overpriced. On top of that they add a 15% gratuity on to it. Come on RCI, don't you think that's pretty petty. Talking about nickle and diming your guests! Maybe one day they can change that and maybe charge 1 dollar at the most or maybe free. But that's ok. Won't buy that again. There is so much to do and see that it is very difficult to do everything they offer in 7 days so I booked a back to back in September. Can't wait to go back. This was a very fun vacation. If you are thinking about booking the Allure, just do it! Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 8606

comfortable. A little small compared to other ships. quiet nice view

not much to do there. Very dissapointed because the ship pulled in at 7:00 and left at 2:00. Too short to do much there. We got off the ship at 9:00 and walked over to the shops. When we walked into the tunnel area to buy some jewelry and conch fritters they told us that they don't start selling until 11:30 or 12:00, Pretty sad they don't want our money when they know a large cruise ship is in port. We walked back to the ship. That was a waste of time in Nassau.

Read 2665 Nassau Reviews

We loved this port. We again avoided the herd of cattle and took the water taxi over to the beach. Rented a lounge chair and 3 drinks for 20 dollars. My grandson loved playing in the sand and swimming in the water. We had lunch at the Barefoot Cafe which was very good. Selicious jerk chicken wings and conch fritters. Then we took a taxi which was about 20 minutes over to Mahu Beach to watch the airplanes fly over. This was so much fun. A must do. Spent about 2 hours there then took a taxi back to the ship. Nice day.

To avoid the hered of cattle, we took a taxi to Megan's Bay. Beautiful beach. Rented a lounge chair and a small chair and a mat. The man wanted 30 dollars. Another man came up to me and said he would give me all three for 15. So he brought them to us and we enjoyed swimming and lounging on the mat. Very relaxing. My grandson loved the large trampoline that was in the water and he met some friends to play with. We stayed for about 2 hours and then it started to down pour so we took a taxi back to the ship.

Read 2342 St. Thomas Reviews