Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Susilou: A bit disappointed

A bit disappointed

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Whittier

My daughter and I enjoyed our cruisetour overall. We began in Anchorage and traveled to Denali National Park and Aleyska Resort. The land tour was great and the tour guide very knowledgeable and friendly. We met wonderful new friends on this part of the tour. Most of us learned that we are not bus travelers, but still had a great time - were very excited when we exited the tunnel to Whittier to see our the Norwegian Sun waiting there for us!

Our balcony room was nice, although we prefer front or back to the middle, and sized adequately - even enough closet space for two women! The only "bad" part was the size of the shower - the smallest I've seen on a cruise. Great service by our steward and everyone we encountered on the ship.

We did the Chef's Table dinner, which I would recommend to everyone taking NCL - I understand the menu is the same on all their ships. It was the highlight meal of the trip. The regular dining menus were lackluster and very disappointing. More Very little difference from night to night and I definitely NEVER want to see squash puree again! We did love the freedom to eat when and where we liked, but the food in general was not up to what we have had before. I will commend them on having a very good buffet and casual choices for dining if you did not do one of the dining rooms. And the dining room for breakfast was absolutely awful - the worst food (pancakes) I have ever had on a ship. Luckily, many good choices on the buffet - and the French bread made on the ship - wonderful!

All in all, I would definitely cruise again, but be prepared to eat mainly in the buffet or sports bar or tapas. Less

Published 07/13/13

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: BB8246 Mid-Ship Balcony

Cabin was nice - quiet location, not much movement(which WE like!). I found it to be too far from everywhere (well, as far away as you can be on a medium size ship!) The balcony was a good size, the closet had room for all the clothes brought by two women, but could have had a bit more floor space for shoes:o)Would have liked drawers in the bed side table and the bathroom, but didn't really need them for storage. Bathroom size was good except for the small shower.

Read All Mid-Ship Balcony (BB) Reviews >>

Loved this new stop and it's small town feel. Not much to do, but that was fine with me - enjoyed walking around.

A great place to stroll.

Read 1268 Ketchikan Reviews

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Alaska Cruises

Susilou
Member Since 2011
25 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X