Star Princess Cruise Review by starts60

Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: AD
Cabin Number: D320
See More About: Star Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Star Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Star Princess Deck Plans
Not Pleased

I have to say this is one of the worst cruises I have taken. I understand you cannot beat Mother Nature and we did run into rain and a lot of windy days. That being said it seems like they have not much port time at all, I think the port we liked the most was Ketchikan and we had 5 hours there. I also have to say the Lumberjack show is worth the money but the Toteum Pole was such a bore with the guide we had.Plenty to see in Skagway and this seemed to be the longest time in port and the tour into the Yukon was nice but it was windy. I could stand the cold and the rain, but when it came to the ship thats another story.

First of getting on the ship was a long process and the getting off was not a long process as it was set up pretty good. They had 2 comedians and they were great we went to the Matilda show twice.

Now the bad part, the food was horrible, my wife had a steak she was not able to chew and all fat and grissle. I always have oatmeal in the morning around 5:AM and then go back for breakfast with the wife and Daughter at 8, the oat meal was cold 1 morning and the other mornings was cold to luke warm and I stirred down to the bottom of the container. Next up at 8AM and get fried eggs and french toast and the eggs on 2 occasions were COLD and they were setting under a heat warmer.

I hate to say this but I booked an Hawaii cruise in March 2014 on the Star from LA and I am wondering if it is worth the hassle or should I book another cruise line.The room steward was great and 1 server in the Horizon court was great but the others were rude and just stood around talking between themselfs.

I hate to be around rude people.

Starts60