Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Cruzer1949: DISAPPOINTING BREAKAWAY

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

DISAPPOINTING BREAKAWAY

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Its been a month now that we were on the Breakaway, and I'm still disappointed in the ship. We were a group of 10, all family. The port of New York was a breeze, we were all amazed how quick we were able to get on the ship. But as soon as we boarded, it was where's the atrium??? Just a bank of elevators. We were told by staff members, not greeted, but told, you can go right to your room. No hello, welcome aboard, REALLY? is that the way Norweign Cruise line greets people.

We went went to our small balcony room on deck 14. We looked in the room for robes, no robes. A little disappointing from other cruises we've taken. We unpacked and said, when the steward comes, we'll introduce ourselves. WHAT ROOM STEWARD!!!! never came, didn't meet her till 2 days later. And that is because we saw her in the hall asking for water glasses. She took the dirty ones and never replaced them. She also left a dirty rag hanging on the lamp next to the bed. I put it on the floor in the bathroom. More Well a day goes by, and its still there!!!! I finally threw it out into the hall. It finally disappeared.

The first night, we put out the card for room service the next moring to be delivered from 7:30-8:00 am. At 8:10 I called room service and was told they would look into it. She called and said I marked 7:45-8:15. REALLY!!! I checked the card in the room, and there's no box for that time. 5 minutes later, ROOM SERVICE. Can you believe the next day, SAME THING!!!!!! NO DELIVERY till I called. To make up for it, that day they sent a tray of chocalate covered strawberries, the next day, a tray of chocalates. COME ALREADY, the damage was done. We were so annoyed we didn't order room service for the rest of the week.

We went to the buffet for lunch, and I asked the girl there, where's pizza, and she just pointed, no other response. They aren't friendly at all, to me it seemed all the people on board were an inconvience to them. The Manhattan room one night, 3 hours for dinner!!! we were a table of six. We asked what was going on, and the girl said, we have to take an escalator to place food orders and then pick them up.

My niece was scheduled to have $100 on board credit but it didn't show on account. When she asked, she was told by the customer service, we can't help you. Contact your NCL credit card bank. The man didn't go out of his way to help her. She said to him, I am with a group of 10, and with your behavior, I doubt if any one of us will take another NCL cruise. He looked at her and just shrugged his shoulders like he didn't care at all.

The one good thing were the shows. The entertainment is the only great thing about this ship.

We have 2 cruises booked within the next 6 months, and quess what, NOT WITH NCL. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>