Dawn Princess Cruise Review by Badini 71: A new Dawn in Asia

A new Dawn in Asia

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Other

Diane and I have just returned from, dare I say, a perfect cruise aboard Dawn Princess which left and returned to Fremantle, Australia. I am in a wheelchair so I was unable to apprise myself of some of the wonders onshore that Diane saw but her photos certainly showed the wonders of Borobudur that she saw. She said that seeing that magnificent ancient Buddhist temple made the entire cruise!

So about the cruise: the old Fremantle Passenger Terminal was easy to move through, the ship provided people to help us board the Dawn so our cruise began effortlessly and continued from there.

This was about our sixth Princess cruise but the first on the Dawn and we were certainly not disappointed. The Dawn is one of a trio of similar ships; the others being the Sun and the Sea upon which we have yet to journey. I believe they were launched in '97 but although we looked we could not but find very small little bits that showed her length of service. We felt at home and our More excellent steward, Edwin, made small room changes immediately and proved to be superb throughout the trip.

We enjoyed a martini every night in the Wheelhouse bar which is laid out as was that bar on the Sun. Our waiters welcomed us, took our order and the bar keep made an excellent drink. The entertainment frequently changed over the course of the journey but whoever entertained the assembled group proved to be of excellent quality.

We eat every night in the Venetia Dining Room with our delightful attendants: Dragon and Kenneth who expertly served our delicious meals throughout the cruise. These guys were so professional and so attentive that I cannot say more about them. The quality of the food presented was delicious and I cannot say that there was one inferior meal so we both were very pleased with everything that we consumed.

One more small point that made our cruise particularly enjoyable: the Cookies and Milk man that came around the Atrium area offering those items to passengers taking a little afternoon rest in that great area. We habitually have a coffee and sweet in the afternoon so we availed ourselves of a cappuccino from the Patisserie and a bickie as he came around; the cappuccino was strong and good and the bickies were very good. The Dawn certainly added a simple extra but it was memorable to us. (The Italians would be horrified drinking cappuccino after the morning because it just isn't done but I'm not telling!) Less

Read more Dawn Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Dawn Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Dawn Princess Interior Double Aloha Deck

I am in a wheelchair so I had a disabled cabin that was excellent in all respects: it was roomy, it was practical,and it was comfortable; what more does a passenger require.