Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Poormouth: Fast Food Cruising

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Fast Food Cruising

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

The breakaway is a great ship but it is not luxury cruising. The ship was very packed and at no stage did you feel you were getting pampered or personal attention. I would compare it to a very good fast food restaurant. Expect to q for everything. The lifts, the dining rooms, the bars, the shows etc, ordering a drink in the Manhattan dining room could take 10 minutes to arrive. Beds outside gone very early etc. So as long as you can accept this (and it took us a few days to get use to the hustle and bustle) you will find that the ship has good food, very good entertainment and lots of activities.

We sailed out of New York and it appeared to us that 95% of the people were from New York.

The cabins were tight but well designed, bathroom excellent. Beds were very comfortable, Attendant was excellent. We ate in Le Cusina once but thought it was very average. The food in the Manhattan restaurant was pretty good. O Sheehans was the main bar on the ship and it also served More okay fast food. We ordered the drinks package at approx $50 each per day and as the drinks are expensive on board we found it worthwhile. Casino was average and I didn't meet anyone who said they were up after the cruise but I am sure some people must have won.

We booked a very expensive golf game in Bermuda (over $200 each) but when we played the course the greens were pole forked and you could not putt on them. When we complained we were offered a free meal in one of the signature restaurants( for 2) as compensation but as we were traveling in a party of six this was not practical.We feel we should have had the game as complimentary and was very disappointing with the attitude of the golf promoter on ship. Anyone that plays golf will know that if the greens are bad and these were very bad the game is no fun at all. So beware anyone that wants to play golf in Bermuda.

While I enjoyed the cruise I would prefer a ship less busy and for that reason alone I will not be traveling again on the Breakaway. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>