“Beautiful ship”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

My husband, myself and our teen son 17 and teen daughters 15 & 13 had a wonderful time on this ship. The Breakaway is beautiful and loaded with bells & whistles for families such as the 5 waterslides, ropes courses, zip line, mini golf and more! My husband & I really enjoyed sipping cocktails on the boardwalk all around deck 8 while our teens had a blast at Entourage(go on the first day, meet fellow teens & then decide which activities you want to do at the teen lounge or plan your own fun!). We also enjoyed walking deck 8 in the morning as to the small jogging track up top that has no view.

The food we had had ranged from very good to outstanding. Our servers were gregarious & hardworking but our service was slow as I think they need more working hands.

The entertainment was excellent. The Cirque Jungle Fantasy was incredible & Burn the Floor was outstanding! I could tell that "Rock of Ages was a quality production but it was crude for our taste. In reading reviews, it seems you either love or hate it. All other entertainers were also excellent - Howl at the Moon, Slam Allen, Fire & Ice - all wonderful!

We were very happy with our deck 5 cabin & super pleased with the very large bathroom & double sink.

Bermuda was beautiful & we wished we had more time there.

All in all, it was a great cruise & one I would highly recommend for families. However, NCL will need to fine tune a few things if it wants to cater to couples & seniors(the biggest spenders) with improvements in service: waited in some lines, did not feel pampered, dinner service was very long, and improvements in adult venues such as more loungers or enforced policies for reserving loungers, and enforcing that adult only areas stay kid free. Lastly, more needs to be included in the cruise fare such as fitness classes and games that do not charge a fee.(come on guys - really - no free Aerobics!!!!!!)

These things did not spoil our fun whatsoever - but I heard many passengers complaining about these issues including a few who were travel agents. I really loved the Breakaway & hope NCL can address these issues so that it can be named best new ship by 2014!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruises to Bermuda
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

oc5164
Served us well & had a great bathroom!
Published 07/12/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Breakaway Review
Norwegian Breakaway Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?