Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by dcwms: Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: October 2006
Embarkation: Galveston

This was mine and my husband & his sister & her husband's first cruise and we absolutely loved it and hope to be able to continue cruising in the future. I booked our cruise in February and found cruise critic from the Carnival message board. Cruise critic was so helpful in planning our cruise. We flew from Springfield Mo to Houston Tx on the 15th, the same day of the cruise thank God we had no flight problems. After reading CC I will fly in the day before! We arrived in Houston Hobby at 11:25 and the shuttle bus to take us to Galveston was leaving at 12:00. The bus had to pick up some people at hotels so it was about 2:15 when we made it to the ship. At 2:30 we were in the embarking line and about 3:15 or so we were on the ship. It was beautiful! The ship is so large and so nice, the floors are so shiny I was in total awe. We found our room which I booked a 4A guarantee and we were upgraded to an inside room on the Lido Deck!! Our stewardess Ana was very nice and a hard More worker her and her assistants were busy all the time. Everyone the workers and the other passengers were all so friendly. It was great. Our first 2 days at sea were kind of rough. I heard talk that one employee who had been working for 5 months hadn't had as rough seas as we were having then. It was funny you could be walking down the hall and fall into the wall. Fortunately we didn't get seasick! We saw the first night show and it was really good. I saw the magician Deja and a juggler & the comedian Phat Cat, and we saw the last night Legends show. All the shows we saw were very good. We ate in the Monet dining room on Monday night the first formal night and then on Tuesday night. The food was very good and the wait staff we had was excellent, they were fun and had a great sense of humor and did their jobs well. The rest of the time we ate at the buffet. I watched the hairy chest contest, survivor, and the ice sculpture. We played some of the trivia games, went down the big water slide, laid out on the deck. The weather was gorgeous. On our day in Jamaica we took a shuttle bus to the Centre City Shopping area and did a little shopping as I had read on the port of call board for Jamaica I was expecting the Jamaicans to be aggressive and they were. My husband was offered to buy pot twice, but he handed it back and told them no thanks. We shopped for about 45 minutes then went back to the shuttle bus and had them take us to Doctor's Cave Beach. After the craziness of the shopping this was so relaxing, the beach was beautiful. We stayed at the beach for a couple of hours then walked to Margaritaville and ate a cheeseburger in paradise! In hindsight I wish I had tried some of the local food. Maybe next time!

In Grand Cayman we did some shopping then had a taxi take us to Seven Mile Beach we stayed there few hours it was beautiful, so calm and relaxing. Then we went to Hard Rock Cafe and had a beer and bought some t-shirts. In Cozumel we went shopping then had a taxi take us to Paradise beach. I got my hair braided and we swam and laid in the sun under our umbrella and had a couple of drinks. It was more crowded than any of the other beaches we had gone to, but it was still nice. Saturday was a good day it was sad knowing it was our last day on the ship but we made the most of it. I laid in the sun, then we went to the casino and played some slot machines and just wandered around the ship. My husband and I opted to but our bags out Saturday night for debarkation. My brother in law & sister in law chose to do the self assist, they were hoping they could get into Houston early and do some sight seeing. My husband and I waited in our room & on the Lido Deck for our deck to be called I think it was about 10:30 when we were called, we found our luggage easily and got in the customs line and was out to the shuttle bus by 12:00 and were at the Hobby airport by 2:00 but our flight wasn't until 3:15 so we wandered around the airport a bit. When we got home the temperature was 45, quite a shock from Saturday when I was laying out on the deck. We had a magnificent time we hope to cruise again and this time take our kids with us. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>